Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Rockford Fosgate AMP Outlander 2007

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 09:25 AM
Kju
Default Rockford Fosgate AMP Outlander 2007

So after a lot of trouble I finally got the seperate navi install kit (320 euro) to install a 2din pioneer avic hd3bt. They just can't and won't order it seperately from the mmcs and I after some trouble about something else I got them to order it for me. So the car was in the shop today and guess what: There is no way (yet) to keep using the current Rockford Fosgate amplifier because the connectors (the pins) don't fit, according to the guy that's supposed to install it. He had averything built including the hole for my I-Pod connector and then he discovers the problem with the amp. The dealer doesn't know, Pioneer doesn't know, suppliers don't know.
Since some of you have built in aftermarket navs, do any of you guys know the wiring schematics or if there is a connector for in between the two?

Old 01-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Kju
Default RE: Rockford Fosgate AMP Outlander 2007

Well I guess you guys don't know either. I just don't want to go spending a lot of cash on an new amp that will fit under the passenger chair and redoing all the wiring.

Old 01-02-2008, 02:27 PM

I guess that you should buy new amplifier. Control signalsfrom MMC nav/radio to Rockford Fosgate amplifier govia digital CAN bus and I think Pioneer can't do this.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:03 PM

I dont recall that the RF has Can function.. I think its powered and the output of the head unit (spkrs) connect to the input of the RF amp. The amp locates under the passenger seat. Plugs are towards the front pass feet.. Look for like 3 plugs. U will need to find the colors and adapt to your amp.

I will try to look into the US CDrom on the outie for the wiring.

Old

Old 01-04-2008, 12:23 AM

Ok, on the outie with out RF Amps speaker wiring is such

C16 connector (2 rows 10 columns total 20)

starts as
|xx|
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

26 (+), 36 RT Front (incl tweeter)
28 (+), 38 L Front (incl tweeter)

27 (+), 37 L Rear
25 (+), 35 RT Rear

22, 23 Resistor network from steering wheel for radio functions

Now with RF Amp (From head unit to amp only) Cables shielded between Head and Amp #

C16 D127 AMP

26 10 #
36 11 #
28 4 #
38 12 #
24 9 Shield
17 * 3 *
D126 AMP
7 * 34 *

* = unknown not shielded

If you need more let me know

Old

Old 01-04-2008, 12:27 AM

Maybe the unknown is the Sub Base for the 9 " ?

Hmmm..

Old

Old 01-04-2008, 02:26 AM

Ok, you found wiring for connect speakers.
But whereare regulators like bass boost, amplify, balance, fader etc ?
All of this are need to customize sound field for owner, it isn't ?
As I know, European '07 models have amplifier without any regulation on the body - all parameters control via headunit.
Head unit sendcontrol singals (balance, fader etc) via CAN bus to amplifier.
--
Thank you for advice.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:26 AM

The head unit without amp has 140 watt output on those pins.
So the 6CD unit and the nav unit can function as a stand alone by connecting straight to speakers.

So for the basic Fade, Balance and tones can be done by the Head Unit and power speakers at 140 watts.

When the Rockford system is installed, it connects between the head unit and speakers taking in the signal of the speakers and upping it to 650 watts.

The 9 " woofer is then introduced to the sound system. Thats where the unknown connection comes from.
Looking at the wiring, its a duo cone speaker ( has 2 sets of speaker connections from the amp).

Now this is a guess,. The head units (6cd or nav) can be told via can system that when the amp is connected, supply and output for BASS on the unknown pins and make available the PUNCH display.

If the can system is told no amp, thus no PUNCH and no option to adjust is seen.

Since the DSP (magic IC that does this) is in the head units, the fade, tones and all do not change the sound fields of HALL, STAGE, etc are available.

So all function of Fade, tones balance and sound field is up to the head unit.

The diff of 140 watt and 650 watts id the amp and the punch is a seperat signal at those pins.

I would guess if you have the standard head unit that does not play MP3 the option of Sound Fileds do not exist.
But if you get a radio and change it to a 6cd with MP3 capabilities and have the dealer add the option of AMP to the can system, those 2 wires will have base signals for amp and the sound filed would appear.

Thats a guess, but way things work on the outie can system, I dont think Im that far off.

Old

Old 01-04-2008, 08:46 AM

You wants to say that Fosgate amplifier is only the box that receive 2(4) signals, amplifies them from 140 to 650 watts and sends to 5 speakers (incl subwoofer)? You may be right, but I never saw such amplifiers. All of them need own controls. I think Fosgate needs same.

Only one think is confusing me: that black box (Fosgate amp) is tunned by manufacturer to work fine only with head unit. But threadstarter asked - How he can use this amplifier with Pioneer? I think he may test to connect Fosgate, then drop it out and buy new amplifier.
--
Sorry Kju
Thank oldpapa

Old 01-04-2008, 10:17 AM

The controls you speak of is in the Head Unit.
The head unit can connect to speakers or to amp using same connections
Your thinking of amps that have Hi Impedance inputs. The RF has Low Impedance input.
However.
The inputs are: Front Left, Front Right, Rear Left and Rear right and the unknown. Power is a gimme, you need that. It has no connections to the can system and any fade or balance or tone inputs.. Just those wires.

Due to electronics these day, you can mix because of IC's input range.

If you connect remote speakers to your home system, you connect the input of the sender unit to the speaker outputs (Look for rocketfish) The same issue is hear.

without amp, the speakers connect to the head unit like normal.
With amp, the cabling becomes shielded to the RF amp under the pass seat. No networking resistors or adapters. Output to input.
I look for a similar amp and make a link to it.

Old

Quick Reply: Rockford Fosgate AMP Outlander 2007