Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

roof rail removal

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by fiestataz
guys, i have a 2010 SE, i wanna do exactly the opposite of what you've done!!!! mine is black, i want it to be silver!!! and i could not find the part anywhere, so i guess i need to paint it to silver... how to disassemble the rails???? and anyone knows the silver paint code?? ....i also want 4 chrome door handles!! gosh! i wish we had a exchange club...
I wonder if anybody wants to trade black ones for silver ones? Where are you located?

Does anybody know if there's a delete kit available to cover up the holes temporarily? So I can put it back on during ski season?

-Tim

Old 11-26-2010, 07:48 PM

hi, can you attach the next page, so that i can see how they are removed? thanks a lot

Old 11-26-2010, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by timbits
I wonder if anybody wants to trade black ones for silver ones? Where are you located?

Does anybody know if there's a delete kit available to cover up the holes temporarily? So I can put it back on during ski season?

-Tim
hey, Tim, i am locating near Boston, MA. what year model and color you have? can you post pictures? and you want black ones rather than silver? Something i have found in the past few days is interesting: Mits uses Silver rails for the 09 models, charcoal black for 10 models, and seems like they are using satin black for 11 models....i'd like the silver ones, but i have to know at least how to remove first, someone posted a assembly picture only, i've requested the dis assembly one...

Old 11-27-2010, 08:20 AM

The attached page was for both assembly and disassembly. The next page show the rear spoiler above the liftgate.

The only thing missing is the order of the process of disassembly and here it is.
1-Front roof rail cover
2-Center roof rail cover
3-Rear roof rail cover
4-Roof rail

Cover are removed by prying carefully since they are snapped on.

There is no more information in the book I have

Attached Thumbnails roof rail removal-rail.jpg  
Old 11-27-2010, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Claude_A
The attached page was for both assembly and disassembly. The next page show the rear spoiler above the liftgate.

The only thing missing is the order of the process of disassembly and here it is.
1-Front roof rail cover
2-Center roof rail cover
3-Rear roof rail cover
4-Roof rail

Cover are removed by prying carefully since they are snapped on.

There is no more information in the book I have
Thanks a lot for the info, hopefully, it is as easy as described when i really work on it.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:15 PM

Has anyone attempted this mod? Taking the roof rails off?

Thanks.