Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Rotted Coolant Line Leak

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2021, 01:31 AM
Exclamation Rotted Coolant Line Leak

Took my Outlander to my usual Mechanic and told them to repair the coolant leak I have. It leaks coolant about every 2 to 3 weeks I have to refill the coolant container because of the leak. They claim the leak is being caused by a rotted coolant line and it needs to be replaced. Then they recommended I take it to the dealer for this work since the part is hard to get and that it is better to have a Mitsubishi Dedicated Mechanic work on it. Has anyone ever had a leak like this? How much do you think the Stealership should charge for a job like this? I just do not want to be tricked into paying way more than what this should really cost. The Dealership prices are always sky high to begin with. Any helpful advice is greatly appreciated!

Old 09-20-2021, 05:01 PM

I know you have the 3.0...are you talking about that metal coolant line that goes from rad to transmission?

Old 09-20-2021, 09:39 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ccernst
I know you have the 3.0...are you talking about that metal coolant line that goes from rad to transmission?

I never saw with my own eyes where the leak comes from but I do know it leaks because I am constantly having to top off the coolant tank. I am just trying to get a round about figure how much a job like replacing a coolant line hose that is rotted should cost at a Mitsubishi Dealership Service Shop. They love to overcharge for everything at dealerships. I wanna have some figure in my head so if they come off with some huge price like $2500 I know I am being taken for a ride.