Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Seat belt ALR Locked

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 08:57 AM
Default Seat belt ALR Locked

Hi guys !... My son pull the seat belt all the way and it stay jamed like that.... I read in the manual than the system ALR (Automatic Locking Retractor) is activated when the belt is pulled out all the way, but it's suposed to roll back (like all other vehicule to lock the child restraint seat.... ) Nop, it's locked a the end of the belt.... No way to roll back in.... Tried to pull gently, smooth, and heavy.... no result ! Any Idea ??

Old 05-05-2011, 07:39 AM

I had a similar issue with the rearmost seat belt jamming (7 seater model)when fitting the towbar wiring harness. I don't have a text book answer but can tell you how i got mine to work.

I undid the two bolts securing the two ends of the seat belt to the floor (one being the winding mechanism), I left the roof element untouched. By changing the angle of the belt to the winding module the seatbelt released. Also check the winding module it has a protruding pin in the centre on both side I was holding the unit by these pins and felt them "give" when the belt released.

Hope this is of some help.

Paul

Old 05-06-2011, 06:48 AM

Thanks Paul!
I finally get it to work.... I pull it like a monkey (not gently at all... ) and it released by itself... Yeah !.... Like it was just missing the little last "click" to let it rolling back...
I played a couple of time with it and no more issue...
FYI It was the rear right seat-belt

Thanks and hope that help somebody ;-)