Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Service Menu

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 04:28 AM
Default Service Menu

I have just bought an 08 Outlander 2.2 Diesel (Diamond model in UK) and have a few questions.

By going into the Service menu (NAVI+SET) what can I do from there and what does all the different info mean?

The Owners manual I got with the car appears to be for non UK models (INVITE etc) and states the engine as being the 2.0ltr version. Is there a different manual for the 2.2ltr model.

It has a factory fit RES made by ROSEN is this normal?
http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t...Outlander2.jpg

Attached Thumbnails Service Menu-outlander2.jpg  
Old 04-02-2009, 10:16 AM

Mitsubishi Outlanders for the US/UK/JP and most of EU have RES manufactured by Mitsubishi Motors sister company Mitsubishi Electric. I don't think Mitsubishi Electric sell its products under the Rosen brand.

How the multimedia performance so far? I am guessing that Rosen should be cheaper than OEM. Does it communicate (display) in the MMCS screen too?

Old 04-02-2009, 10:26 AM

The UK 2.2 Diesel Diamond is fitted by Mitsubishi (Colt Car Company when the vehicle arrives in the UK) with a Rosen DVD unit, so yes the Rosen is OEM.

It doesn't communicate with the MMCS it is a standalone unit.

My 2.2 Diamond came with a separate manual for the car (includes 2.2 Details), MMCS, DVD player and alarm system.

Last edited by lozcart; 04-02-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:03 PM

Just because the dealer installed it, that would make the equipment OEM. OEM is what they fit in the assembly line. The dealer can put any brand name RES in your vehicle as long as you pay for it. It's a dealar installed option, not OEM equipment.

Here is the picture of the RES from Mitsubishi Europe site:

Name:  res-oem.jpg
Views: 1887
Size:  92.0 KB

And here is the RES of the Outlanders in NA:

Name:  res-oem-us.jpg
Views: 1837
Size:  41.7 KB

They are the same, manufactured by Mitsubishi Electric, installed from the factory, but also available as an aftermarket accessory.

CCC might have made a deal with Rosen, that's why they install Rosen RES in all Outlanders. I did a quick search on their site, I couldn't find the Mitsubishi RES as an aftermarket accessory. And they also sell a lot of 3rd party products under different brands, so I don't wonder if they will install a 3rd party RES in their Outlanders.

The fact that it doesn't communicate with the MMCS will tell you it was not designed to work with the existing multimedia capabilities of the Outlander, or not without some manual splicing I'd suppose.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:26 PM

In the UK only the 2.2 Diamond has the rear DVD player, it is not available even as an optional extra on any of the other models. It is as you state not fitted during manufacturer but installed later by CCC.

My dealer told me that when the cars arrive at the port (Bristol UK) they are then fitted out to UK specification by CCC. On the Diamond model this includes the rear DVD player (Rosen manufacturer), chrome door handles and chrome light surrounds and upgraded alarm system.

So I agree it is not actually OEM as in assembly line fitted, but it is the standard fit for a UK model and was fitted by the importer not the dealer.

Old 04-03-2009, 03:48 AM

Thanks for your help Guys.

I bought the car from a Land Rover Dealer who had taken it in part Ex against a disco. They also have an Elegance model so it is possible the books got mixed up.

Is it possible to get the Rosen RES to comunicate with the MMC?

Any ideas on the service menu?

Old 05-13-2009, 11:36 AM

The MMCS sees the Rosen RES as an AUX unit and as such can use the cars speakers to play the sound from a DVD in the RES. So they are linked in some way.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:05 PM

Falco,

How have you managed to play the sound through the car speakers by AUX?

The only way I have found is by tuning the radio to the Rosen DVD player frequency to get the sound through the speakers.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by rcpax
Just because the dealer installed it, that would make the equipment OEM. OEM is what they fit in the assembly line. The dealer can put any brand name RES in your vehicle as long as you pay for it. It's a dealar installed option, not OEM equipment.

Ahh no. My dealer could not order my 2007 XLS in the US with BOTH Nav (MMCS) and RES. They could only order with one or the other. They said they would just order the OEM RES and have it installed at the dealership.

So the dealer option CAN be OEM.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:32 AM

Lozcart

That is how it is wired in. Touch AUX on the MMCS and it plays the sound from the RES.

I haven't done anything to it. Maybe if it was wired in differently I would be able to view DVD's playing on the RES on the MMCS screen.

Quick Reply: Service Menu