Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Service Reminder - Everything you ever needed to know

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 06:13 PM

2016 Outlander, let the dealer change the oil. Not sure what they did, but the service reminder showed 6 months/5000 miles. Since the manual says 6 months/7500 miles, I just played the settings. For all JPN, I got month only as someone mentioned above. For NAS 10, I got --- first. Did the Clear, I got 6 months/10,000 miles. Cleared it again, I got 12 months/1x,xxx miles!

Old 12-05-2016, 12:27 PM

Hi UK 2012 gx4 model Outlander, I've read the posts but I'm unable to find the setting I need 9000 miles 12 mths I've been through all the settings but can't find what I need can anyone help please.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:44 PM
Default Montero sport GTV 2013

Hello users, i would like to erase my service reminder definitely. But the information at the forum are not completely valid. My display asking me for a password, somebody can help? Thanks to all

Old 02-19-2017, 04:35 AM

Any information on how to reset ASX 2012 desiel 4wdr service reminder schedule. I'm looking to set at 9000mls and 12 months. All previous threads do not work I have tried them all from JP to EU and OFF worked through them all where can we change the numbers ourselves and not be left with the factory settings.

Thanks

flyangler

Last edited by flyangler; 02-19-2017 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by rdenis
Some useful info fromthe service manual - here is how to reset your Service Reminder, Change the Maintenance Schedule (factory default is 6 months/7,500 miles but those of us requiring the "Severe Maintenance" schedule can change it as outlined below), or inactivate it altogether:

HOW TO CANCEL THE SERVICE REMINDER WARNING

1. Turn the ignition switch to the "OFF" position.
2. By operating the meter information switch, the warning period is displayed on the multi information display.
3. Press the meter information switch once for 1.2 seconds or longer.
4. The service reminder indicator flashes.
5. While the service reminder indicator flashes, press the meter information switch once for less than 1.2 seconds.
6. The service reminder indicator is turned ON, and "CLEAR" is displayed on the multi-information display for 3 seconds.
7. After "CLEAR" is displayed for 3 seconds, the warning period to the next time is displayed.

HOW TO SET THE SCHEDULE
1. Turn the ignition switch to the "OFF" position.
2. By operating the meter information switch, the warning period is displayed on the multi information display.
3. Press the meter information switch once for 1.2 seconds or longer.
4. The service reminder indicator flashes.
5. While the service reminder indicator flashes, press the meter information switch 3 times consecutively for 1.2 seconds or longer.
6. The service reminder indicator is turned ON, and the current schedule is displayed on the multi information display.
7. While the current schedule is displayed, press the meter information switch 3 times consecutively for less than 1.2 seconds.
8. The multi information display is shifted to the schedule selection mode.
9. When the meter information switch is pressed for less than 1.2 seconds, the schedule is shifted, and when the switch is pressed for 1.2 seconds or longer, the displayed schedule is set.
10. The schedule set in Step 9 is displayed for 3 seconds, and the warning period to the next time is displayed.

ScheduleWarning types Warning criteria
NAS 10 (initial setting) Elapsed time (month) Every 6 elapsed months
Driving distance (miles) Every 7,500 miles of driving distance
Driving distance (km) Every 12,000 km of driving distance

NAS 11 Elapsed time (month) Every 3 elapsed months
Driving distance (miles)Every 3,750 miles of driving distance
Driving distance (km) Every 6,000 km of driving distance

NAS 20 Elapsed time (month) Every 5 elapsed months
Driving distance (miles) Every 5,000 miles of driving distance
Driving distance (km) Every 8,000 km of driving distance

NAS 21 Elapsed time (month) Every 4 elapsed months
Driving distance (miles) Every 3,750 miles of driving distance
Driving distance (km) Every 6,000 km of driving distance

HOW TO INACTIVATE THE SERVICE REMINDER
FUNCTION

By setting to "OFF Display" or "Function OFF" when the schedule is set, the service reminder function can be inactivated.

When "OFF Display" is selected
_ Even when the check warning period is reached, the service reminder display is not displayed.
_ Even if the service reminder screen is displayed by the meter information switch
operation, "OFF" is displayed.

When "Function OFF" is selected
_ Even when the check warning period is reached, the service reminder display is not displayed.
_ Even with the meter information switch operation, the service reminder screen is not displayed.
Didn't find this article of any use in the UK for the desiel ASX 2012 4wd can get various schedules but not 9000mls and 12 months
Any ideas as to how to get the reset numbers correct
Thanks

Old 04-20-2017, 12:52 AM

Using the ELM327, or Mini-VCI and the ETACSDecoder soft, you can set any value of Service Reminder.

Attached Thumbnails  Service Reminder - Everything you ever needed to know-combines.jpg  

Last edited by Earl_Vadim; 04-20-2017 at 01:06 AM.
Old 07-08-2017, 02:44 PM

Changed oil by myself this time. Selected NAS 10. The display was 5 months. Cleared it again. Now it 11 months.

Old 07-10-2017, 12:30 AM
Default Service reminder

Hi,
What mileage is now showing ? With the eleven months.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by flyangler
Hi,
What mileage is now showing ? With the eleven months.
It was 23,500 miles. I was so frustrated and I turned the reminder off.

Last edited by guxu; 07-13-2017 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:56 PM

I have the same issue on the outlander (2013) its got to be the most ridiculous software problem were it just adds the interval to the current and also from what i can see if you go over (as example by 2000 mile) with a 9000 mile service interval upon reset it only gives you 7000 before service is due again. (must have been a graduate who was tasked to write the software).

Quick Reply: Service Reminder - Everything you ever needed to know