Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

should I buy an Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2022 | 11:51 AM
|
Default should I buy an Outlander

Hello, new to forum. I do not own a Mitsubishi. However, I am thinking of purchasing a 2022/23 Outlander. Are they reliable? Are you guys happy with it? What about the warranty? is warranty a bumper to bumper for 60k miles?

thanks

Old 12-17-2022 | 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by dduck1968
Hello, new to forum. I do not own a Mitsubishi. However, I am thinking of purchasing a 2022/23 Outlander. Are they reliable? Are you guys happy with it? What about the warranty? is warranty a bumper to bumper for 60k miles?

thanks
My wife and I own a 2010 with V6. This last summer I replaced all the spark plugs, 3 ignition coils and did a comprehensive timing belt job (replacing all spinning parts, including water pump, and three oil seals). We hope to get another ten years out of the vehicle. The black leather interior still looks like new. With Weathertech mats, the OEM carpet still looks like new.

Whatever vehicle you end up buying, I would recommend that it have a 4-cyl naturally aspirated engine that has a timing chain, and either a traditional automatic or a manual transmission. If you buy a 4-cyl vehicle that has a CVT, I recommend if be a Toyota, not Mitsubishi. The 2023 Toyota RAV4 supposedly has a naturally aspirated 4-cyl engine and an 8-speed traditional auto transmission. I'm not sure if it has a timing chain or belt, but if it has a chain, if we were replacing our Outlander, that would be the vehicle we'd be seriously considering.

Good luck.

Last edited by Outlaander; 12-17-2022 at 09:28 AM.
Old 12-18-2022 | 03:09 AM

Yeah, i agree with previous post. Outlander is good with traditional manual or automatic transmission, and CVT must be avoided. I have diesel 2.2DiD, I'm very happy with it, but probably it is not an option for you.

There are other makes & models: KiA, Subaru, Hyundai, Ford, ....

Usually I would make a list or table with all main properties, pros and cons as well as price for each car model available around. It's a little research one need to do. It is always a matter of relative comparison. Today, almost all modern cars (within the same type/category) are more less the same in terms of reliability. There no very bad models and no super good ones. This is unfortunate i think, and therefore when you select and buy one it is more like a lottery: it will break soon or run for 10 years without serious problems.

Good luck!

Old 12-28-2022 | 08:53 AM
DZD

thanks
Welcome to the forum! Mitsubishis have been extremely reliable from my perspective - I currently own a 2006 Montero (last of the full size here in the US), mom owns a 2018 Outlander and both have been very reliable. Previously we've had earlier versions of the Montero and the Montero Sport, again, with no issues or complaints.

Regarding the 2022/2023 Outlander, I like the looks both interior and exterior and I suspect they will be reliable as well. Mitsubishi's website lists a 5yr/60k warranty along with a 10yr/100k powertrain warranty.

A few things to note - the 2022/2023 Outlander is the next gen (newest) generation and shares a platform with the Nissan Rogue, I don't have any personal experience with Nissans but they also strike me as being reliable. I like the vehicle and would have no issue recommending one. I'd probably go for the PHEV if you do a lot of city/around town driving.

It does have the CVT which I'm not a fan of because I prefer the more sporting nature of the stepped transmission - mom hasn't had an issue with hers but she doesn't drive that may miles on it (about 30k since purchased new in 2018).

Good luck.

Old 06-23-2023 | 09:35 PM
Thumbs up

If it matters to you the new outlander is a collaboration between Mitsubishi, Nissan and Renault with the Outlander based on the new Nissan Rogue. The Engine is the Nissan 2.5 L naturally aspirated four cylinder with the CVT being the improved third generation version. I own the 2023 model and so far I have enjoyed it. I was seriously considering a new Hyundai Tucson Limited but when I saw and drove the SEL Premium outlander I really liked it and bought it. The warranty is 5 year / 60,000 miles and 10/100000 on the power train. Not even Toyota or the other so called big names offer that aside from the Korean models.

Old 06-24-2023 | 08:05 AM

thanks
I have a 2016 Outlander. Overall, been it’s been a great SUV. I actually like the CVT. Not sure I would go back to a traditional transmission. Very smooth for everyday driving. I change the CVT fluid every 30K, which is a little costly, but over 100K with no CVT issues. Build quality is very good as expected with a modern car. Can’t go wrong with that 100K mile warranty, car repairs are very expense!