Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Side mirror with lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 12:14 AM
Default Side mirror with lights

I recently got in touch with Japanparts (great guys to deal with) and they provided me with details for the JDM style side mirrors with lights with auto fold function, repeater lamps, heated. Now the big question is I can order this in LHD but will the wiring be sufficient to just plug and play. I know my mirrors are currently heated but they do not auto fold? Is there a seperate switch for this in the dash? (EU AND Japanese owners please comment) I would love to order a a pair of these babies...but they are relatively expensive so I don't want it not to work. Thethird nipple...err parking mirror is included with the set too.Thanks.

http://www.japanparts.com/images/Ima...1&no=18331

Old 10-23-2008, 04:00 AM
Default RE: Side mirror with lights

Just for your info. to install the third mirror you have to drill 2 holes in the chassis of the car. I don't know if you really want to do that...

Old 10-23-2008, 08:20 AM

The EU version "Instyle" has electric mirrors heating and folding. In order to fold them you either press a small button located near the adjustment switches for the mirrors or you quickly press 2 times the lock button of the telecontrol unit. The mirrors unfold either by pressing the mentioned small button or automatically after the car picks up some speed. No knowledge if there exists (though unused) additional wiring for turn indicators lamps in our model.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:54 AM

dger...is it possible for u to take a picture of this small button? thanks.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:16 AM

That picture is of a RH Drive vehicle which may be a problem for LHD cars

The mirrors will mount but the glass will be wrong. Passenger side mirror reflects differently.

Dimitrios, have you seen the 2009 EU model yet? It may have the mirrors with the lights

Old 10-24-2008, 02:00 AM

ORIGINAL: trustee
dger...is it possible for u to take a picture of this small button? thanks.
Hello. Folding/unfolding switch is part of theexterior mirrors move switchand is necessary to replace all the unit; this is possible since I have it installed, and I am trying to obtain the mirrors that you mention. Here pic unfolding/folding switch:

Old 10-24-2008, 08:07 AM

Jsrd has covered your request...

Old 10-24-2008, 11:38 AM

jsrd where did you obtain the folding switch and details of the install please...the photo looks like a RHD vehicle...

Old 10-24-2008, 12:16 PM

trustee, Mitsubishi Mexico sells the Grandis and shares many accessories with the Outlander. I bought folding switch function and rear/front fog switch of the Grandis. The photo that I upload corresponds to a Japanese model,I will upload the pic of my switch as well as the PN and as I installed it. . .

Old 10-27-2008, 11:53 AM

No hasn't arrived yet to see, but very strongly doubt mirrors will have turn indicators, european models are now produced in the Netherlands.

Quick Reply: Side mirror with lights