Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Silly Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Default Silly Question

I know this is not the most technical question but could someone please tell me what options take up the 4 blank switch areas on the left side of the drivers area. We have an LS AWD and the second from the left is the ASC switch. I know there may be different answers from different regions but I would like to know. We had similar blank spots in my wifes lancer and not knowing what goes there bothered me.
Thanks for any info.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Default RE: Silly Question

I think the un-used switch slots come from standarization.
It is easy to reserve some slots for futher use or after-market installations.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:31 PM

Yea, such as DSMs and thier useless "3rd button" beneath the hazard switch. Some of them are there for aesthetics and future mods.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:45 PM

These are for the options available on the different trim variations, but mostly options in other countries. Mainly Japan. XLS does not have fog light option, only driving lights. I cant remember if someone said the fog switch is on the blinker stick along with the headlights, or if theres a fog button down there.

Instead of manufacturing different dash pieces for different regions, they make one that can be moddified, like those pop outs. I dont know exactly what would go there on the Outie, but on other cars I've seen: fog, traction control, headlight adjustment, rear wipper, and rear fog buttons. So for the US, options that are not available. Since the XLS already has most those options.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:32 AM

Front and rear fog light switch is on the turn signal stalk

Name:  foglightswitch.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  19.8 KB

In the UK one of the switches controls the head lamp beam level

Name:  swithes.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  25.9 KB

Old 09-24-2007, 03:46 PM

is yours XLS? I don't see how this needed if XLS has auto leveling

Old 09-24-2007, 04:15 PM

ORIGINAL: klas

is yours XLS? I don't see how this needed if XLS has auto leveling

Mine is the Equippe, lowest available UK model but I'm not aware that any of the Euromodels have auto level unless they have xenons.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:33 PM

that makes sense, i assumed you had HIDs

Old 09-24-2007, 06:13 PM

ORIGINAL: firebuck

I know this is not the most technical question but could someone please tell me what options take up the 4 blank switch areas on the left side of the drivers area. We have an LS AWD and the second from the left is the ASC switch. I know there may be different answers from different regions but I would like to know. We had similar blank spots in my wifes lancer and not knowing what goes there bothered me.
Thanks for any info.
For the same reason PC's have extra slots on the back. I'm actually glad they did this, it looks so much cleaner than having to add future switches in odd places that were not even ment to have switches, at least we geta nice descrete place to put them.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:09 PM

i am considering to get fog switch in there, anyone else done that?

Quick Reply: Silly Question