Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

since there's no U.S. turbo Outlander....

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Default RE: since there's no U.S. turbo Outlander....

ORIGINAL: 06OutlanderSE

I think the U.S. just needs to stop being gay and bring the Turbo Outlander Over here.....
Importing the Turbo Outlander-----good idea
bashing the US-------bad idea
Like I always say...Love it or Leave it.
[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 07-05-2006, 08:26 PM

i bet it wont be long, mazda has a turbo crossover vehicle
honda is working on one now
subaru has the forrester turbo
i think that will be a big hit

Old 07-05-2006, 08:31 PM

But Mitsu has a redesigned Outlander slated for 07 with an optional V6, I don't think that they will import it unfortunately.
The Mazda turbo crossover is not really my style from the pics I have seen of it. Subaru still is kicking Mitsu's @ss in the crossover SUV race with power, popularity, and press.[&o]
It would be a big hit though!!! I'd buy it.

Old 07-05-2006, 09:48 PM

yeah i dont really see a outlander turbo in the US anytime from now....but it would be sweet ...and would help mitsu keep up with the forester better.......

Old 07-07-2006, 09:51 PM

to throw my tuppence' worth in here, it would be nice to have an airtrek, or an evo outlander like the ams guys in chicago; but as far as comparing mitsu's to subaru's, the only comfortable one in subaru's lineup, other than, maybe, that new 7-seater of theirs, is the impreza, and that's only comfortable for the driver. the day i bought my outlander, i had earlier spent about three hours at a subaru dealer driving their manual trans, n/a cars, and they don't compare in any way to any mitsu, and for allegedly having about 15 more hp, were definitely slower, and bloody horrible with a/c on. even the n/a cars were way over $5000 more than the outlander, and like $9M for turbo models. with subaru's meagre warranty, you might as well put a few miles on the outlander, and spend the $4M for a r/a lancer turbo; you'd still spend less than for a turbo forester or legacy outback and be a hell of a lot more comfortable....but we need that stiffer rear sway-bar!!!

Old 07-08-2006, 12:10 AM

That's not all we need...but it would certainly help!

Old 07-16-2006, 05:52 PM

deadly.....but heavy!!

Old 07-16-2006, 05:56 PM

I know you said you get some kills in San Diego...this was a while ago you mentioned it, but we gotta see pics of your car.
Whan you going to post some for us?

Old 07-16-2006, 05:56 PM

subarus are good to go, but the chassis is too heavy...now for mitsus, everything is light. so, does the power...[:@]

Old 11-02-2006, 03:04 PM

I'm new to this forum, hello all!

Indeed, it's a shame the Outlander Turbo wasn't available in the US. I test-drove this car here in Belgium, and the performance was really sweet. But the one I've tested was in single-tone silvergray colour, which I found ugly and was too expensive for a used car.
I got myself the US-version instead (special offer) in deepblue, which I find was the most beautiful colour.

The 2007 outlander specs looks hot! it's going to be a lot more performant and efficient with its 220hp than the Turbo! And packed with a lot of innovative features (which will also increase the price unfortunately)...
I suppose you have to get used to the completely different design... I saw a preview of the european Outlander 2007 and the front bumper looked smucked up with some chrome...
On the other hand the interiour looked too classic and perhaps boring in the pictures I saw.

Regards

Quick Reply: since there's no U.S. turbo Outlander....