Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Soon to Be new Owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Default Soon to Be new Owner

Hello Everyone,

Come Tomorrow I may be buying a nice 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 4wd. I test drove it and fell in love with it. I totaled my other car by hitting a deer which was a 2009 Pontiac Vibe (loved my car except for the lack of awd) It has 75000 miles which is higher than i wanted to go but it seems like a solid fun vehicle (It also has most every option available, love toys and buttons). I still have a couple questions before i pull the trigger.

1.) How capable is the awc system?

2.) What type of mileage is everyone getting? they seem pretty good for a small suv.

3.) What made you pull the trigger?

Thanks for any replies. Super excited for Monday

Old 02-03-2013, 05:51 PM

Mpg depends on weather, foot and loads others but they're ok IMO
Drivetrain is very good in ours.
Wanted a people mover if needed and wanted to keep a wagon, so the Outie suited us and I lov Mitzi

Old 02-04-2013, 04:07 AM

have 2010 model LS get 7L per 100km on highway and about 14L per 100km around town wife has a heavy foot lol
taken it across a few padocks out bush does really well still has stock tyres (meant for highway)
wanted a 4x4 but could not afford anything bigger love the split tail gate but did wish i had the V6 would love a bit more power lol but everybody loves power

Old 02-05-2013, 02:30 PM

The AWD is fairly good. I've never been stuck (for long) and I drive through 8-12" deep snow on a fairly regular basis. In lock mode it is far better than the typical AWD system used in 90% of cars and will get you out of a snowplow snowbank induced full high-center on the front axle. I still don't think it is quite as good as Subaru's (almost unstoppable in snow) and I'd never go "Jeeping" at Moab in it either.

What I use it for more than anything is to keep good traction on wet roads. the V6 will spin the front tires pretty easily if trying to quickly merge into traffic on wet roads.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by MountainMan
1.) How capable is the awc system?

2.) What type of mileage is everyone getting? they seem pretty good for a small suv.

3.) What made you pull the trigger?

Thanks for any replies. Super excited for Monday
- AWC is really good. We get a lot more ice than snow here, but when it does snow, I feel safe my wife (a Texan) has a capable car for the winter.
- Depends on your speed quite a bit. I also put heavier light truck tires instead of passenger tires on it last time, that was a mistake. I now get around 26MPG going around 70. Very early on with OEM tires, we'd hit 28.5 going 65. I also just changed out my spark plugs, that did help just a bit. If you use cruise control around town, you can get some pretty good numbers.
- Vehicle was cheap. Fluids, except for transmission fluid, is something you can get anywhere. Had good gas mileage with power when you wanted it. Mitsubishi vehicles, if kept up on maintenance, can last a very long time. '93 Eclipse G1 lasted 240k until I retired it...it still could have kept going.