Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

SRS Warning

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Default SRS Warning

Hello everyone! First time user here so go easy on me...

My wife has a 2019 Outlander SE with 44,600 miles on it. Yesterday we were driving home on a pretty bumpy road and then up flashed the Service Airbag Soon/Now Warning. However, as soon as it popped up, it went away (unlike the other million and one warnings that pop up on these cars' dashes). The actual airbag light itself didn't illuminate nor has the warning returned. It was on for a literal second and went away. I have tried googling it and fell short of finding an answer. I even went to my local AutoZone to use their scanner, however after scanning, they realized their scanner doesn't scan for the SRS system... So of course, they referred me to a stealership.

My question is this - Was it a fluke due to the bumpy road? Because the actual airbag light didn't illuminate, is it just an interval servicing requirement?

My qualm about taking it to a dealership is that I don't want to have to pay for them to tell me it's nothing which is what I kind of think it is. However, my wife is hesitant to drive her car now because she's scared it's going to malfunction. (I haven't told her about the apparent issues with the 22-23 Outlander's airbags that I found while googling.) Nothing has been done to the car nor has anything happened to the car that would point me to believe it caused this. The only thing is that we got the windshield replaced like two weeks ago.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 09-03-2023, 03:53 AM

I would say it is likely a sporadic error.
Indeed no reason to pay for a diagnostics which will give no conclusive results.
Just drive and see if you get an issue again.