Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Started modding the Outie!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 01:23 AM
Default Started modding the Outie!

Well, the one thing that was driving me nuts in the wife's outie was that i was dark at night.

So naturally I had to mod in some of the new LED's I have been wanting to try out.

it was cooolllddd so these were the best photos I could snap.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:39 AM
Default RE: Started modding the Outie!

wow those are bright!!

What did you use?

Old 01-25-2009, 09:36 AM

I used JDM D31mm 4LED festoon type for front seats- packet of 2 costs US$ 9.99.
For brighter effect on back seat & trunk JDM 12LED PANEL -packet of 2 costs 19.99.
For liscence plates JDM T10 6LED- packet of 2 costs 9.99

you may mail order them from www.ijdmtoy.com/webpage/products.htm

they send them to me in Greece, I suppose it would be much easier in you country

Old 01-25-2009, 10:25 AM

Always made by me. That way my stuff is always brighter. I dont like the premade ones because as you can see in the photo they use cheapey LEDs. (3mm single chip)

Now that I got that out of the way, on to other projects!

Old 01-25-2009, 12:03 PM

Welcome FiReBReTHa to this great hobby that is to "update" our Out, and all contribution will be of aid, and your LED's look very well. . .

Old 01-25-2009, 12:37 PM

I don't know if they use cheapey LEDs, however for us who don't know how to construct LED arrays, the commercial ones, look really bright. One other observation, the front seats LEDs if too bright are very annoying for the driver, that is why I prefer the 4 LEDS only "bulbs", for the 2 front positions.

Old 01-25-2009, 12:49 PM

ORIGINAL: dger

I don't know if they use cheapey LEDs, however for us who don't know how to construct LED arrays, the commercial ones, look really bright. One other observation, the front seats LEDs if too bright are very annoying for the driver, that is why I prefer the 4 LEDS only "bulbs", for the 2 front positions.
ja, didnt mean it negatively to you, upset at manufacturers because they can explain LED technology to their customers better an use better LEDs but instead they would rather "sell more" bydoing a different construction that "looks" like it would perform better. People are smart nowadays! stop trying to play into them.
I love teaching so I am happy to share why.
the smaller LED's have smaller dispersion so they are very focused so even tho they seem bright its in one spot whereas I prefer a larger viewing angle so the spread is actually allover the footwells/car so in case you lose soething you can find it again

I actually bumped up the brightness on the fronts because I noticed thatwhen light is actually needed, its for something really detailed and small.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:12 PM

I didn't take negative, I would really like to have the knowledge to play with LED constructions, I would like to add LEDs to the doors of our cars to light up entrance into it, has anyone attempted this addition/modding????

Old 01-25-2009, 01:15 PM

ORIGINAL: dger

I didn't take negative, I would really like to have the knowledge to play with LED constructions, I would like to add LEDs to the doors of our cars to light up entrance into it, has anyone attempted this addition/modding????

Tell me more.... use pics to help explain what you are thinking

Old 01-25-2009, 01:42 PM

FiReBReTHa-dger, there is an OEM accessory in Japan that can serve as reference for dger's project

Name:  Doorillumination.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  2.9 KB

Quick Reply: Started modding the Outie!