Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Steering Angle Sensor calibration.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2023, 05:37 AM
Default Steering Angle Sensor calibration.

So this will be a bit of a long one. I had an intermittent issue with AWD on my 2014 Outlander Diesel. The issue started just after all 4 tyres were changed and so I thought a steering angle sensor calibration would sort out the issue. I used an icarsoft cr pro to carry out the alignment and the process started but then didn't finish. I tried to restart the alignment but the tool kept saying that 'this function was not carried out'. Using other functions on the tool I can see the steering angle sensor is working properly when I move the steering wheel through its range. The vehicle is now showing failures for ABS and traction control (the codes indicate that it's because the SAS calibration is in progress). I have tried removing all power from the vehicle by disconnecting the battery for over an hour then re-attempting the calibration but this didn't work. My local mitsubish garage is still closed for the holidays and I would like to get the vehicle back on he road. Any ideas on how to force the SAS calibration?

Old 01-02-2023, 01:52 PM

What issues were you having after the tyres were fitted?

Old 01-03-2023, 03:47 AM

The issue was an AWD service light coming on intermittently. Think we've sorted that now, my local tyre fitter, fitted 3x 225 tyre and 1 215 on the forward passenger side, so at points the AWD was seeing the 2 forward tyres as spinning at different rates.

To add to my troubleshooting above, I've unplugged the SAS from vehicle and started the car to see if it would bring up a SAS failure - it did. I then re-attached it in the hopes of forcing it to see it needed a calibration, this again failed.