Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Steering wheel radio controls acting up

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Default Steering wheel radio controls acting up

Has anyone had an issue of the steering wheel controls acting up? What I mostly see is when I use it to increase the volume, the volume actually does down. The down volume seems to work correctly. Then sometimes I will press it and the bluetooth will kick in. This doesn't happen at all times, but becoming more frequent. Any ideas on a fix or should I take to the dealer. Also I don't know if this matters, but I have the DVD in motion patch.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:21 AM

Hi , I have the same problem with the steering wheel control. Did you fix it? if so, How? Thank you.....

Old 07-16-2009, 06:15 AM

I would take it to the dealer.

Its a slim chance that the dealer will find out about the DVD hack. Just don't leave a DVD in the MMCS. I doubt one of their techs will pop one in.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:11 PM

I have DVD in motion patch. My controls work fine. Take to dealer and have them replace. They dont know anything about the MMCS anyway.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:18 PM

I have the Rockford Fosgate system without Navigation. I don't think the problem in the steering wheel control has anything to do with having Nav or not. I took it to the dealer, but they were not able to find any issue because the steering wheel controls were acting normal at the time. The service advisor thinks it is a clock spring in the steering column, but he wasn't sure. What do you think??? Anyone had this issue solved? and what did the dealer say? thank you.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by abrcrombe
Has anyone had an issue of the steering wheel controls acting up? What I mostly see is when I use it to increase the volume, the volume actually does down. The down volume seems to work correctly. Then sometimes I will press it and the bluetooth will kick in. This doesn't happen at all times, but becoming more frequent. Any ideas on a fix or should I take to the dealer. Also I don't know if this matters, but I have the DVD in motion patch.
Do you have a 2007 Outlander as well? Just couple of weeks ago, I just found this problem too. Sometimes if I press volume down on the steering control, it turns on the Bluetooth, and sometimes if I press volume up, it changes radio stations or changes something...It happens maybe onces a week...? Not very often, and I'm sure if I bring it to the dealer, it will act normally. I dont know what to do now =(

Keep us updated.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:06 PM

My 2007 is doing the same thing. Started about 3mo ago sporadically. If I press the volume up button, the BT voice command starts and it can't be stopped until you say "cancel."

The volume up will also decrease the volume instead.

Very annoying.

I haven't taken it to the dealer, because knowing my luck, they won't be able to replicate it. I was thinking about video taping it for proof.

Old 07-18-2009, 01:21 AM

Is it just the 2007 Outies that are acting up within the couple of months just now? Anyone have this problem with 08 or 09s?

Old 07-19-2009, 04:48 PM

I will be taking my 07 Outie this week to the dealer. I will see if they have a solution for this issue, but I really doubt that they will. So if anyone finds a solution, please post it. Thank you.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by 07 blk lab
I will be taking my 07 Outie this week to the dealer. I will see if they have a solution for this issue, but I really doubt that they will. So if anyone finds a solution, please post it. Thank you.
Please keep us updated. I hope I will able to bring it into the dealer this week too, because now, my passenger side window when rolling down makes a weird rubber contact noise...anyone have this problem?

Quick Reply: Steering wheel radio controls acting up