Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Stiffer rear sway bar

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 02:27 PM
Default Stiffer rear sway bar

Expositor has shown some interest in a stiffer rear sway bar and was wondering if RRM would make one. I am more than happy to ask them, but I need to have some more people interested in it. If I can get maybe 5 people that are seriously interested in a purchase, I will approach them and see if it is possible and how much it would cost. Not too many people are eager to design a product for one or two people obviously. I DONT MAKE ANY MONEY. I refer business to RRM because they are local to me and I have been to their shop, they have worked on my car, and they treat me like a customer, not a pain in the *** with an oddball car. i have also been very happy with their products. So, now that I have made my obligatory speech, let's see who's interested!

Old 08-04-2006, 09:38 PM
Default RE: Stiffer rear sway bar

dirt, as you know, i'm definitely in. i called rrm the other day to check on the drive pulley which was not sent with the strut-bar, and had the intention of a comical, but many a truth in jest kind of request for the sway-bar; but after holding for awhile, the thoughts of that query quickly left my aging brain after trying to remember my name and zip code....from one of those seriously interested, many thanks for your kind efforts!!!

Old 08-04-2006, 09:58 PM

hmmm...o.k. am' inn, now how much are we talkin here??

Old 08-06-2006, 03:04 PM

I don't know if it's 100% possible yet, therefore I have no price. If it's too much, we nix the idea, but at least we are trying. If I have 5 people going in, maybe it'll be a bit cheaper that one at a time. As soon as I get a couple more people, I'll call Rob and see if it's possible.

Old 08-06-2006, 10:32 PM

c'mon guys!!!

Old 08-06-2006, 10:41 PM

Where's 06Outlander? He must want one too...lol.

Old 08-07-2006, 07:23 AM

Ha right here guys....how hard of a install would this thing be? Ive never messed with installing anything like this..do it yourself or have to take it to a shop???

Old 08-07-2006, 06:05 PM

It should be a pretty basic install, no welding or anything crazy like that. Should be a bolt on job. So does that make three now? lol. I'm going on vacation from Sept. 01-16, so I'd like to let you guys know before I go what kind of odds we have. Where's Punisher anyways....he needs one too...lol. Hell, if I have to I'll commit to two of them and sell one on Ebay to get the ball rolling....depending of course on how much time/money will be involved, I will. I know they will need my car as a Guinea Pig to check it out and see if it's feasable, so I gotta get moving.

Old 08-07-2006, 06:16 PM

Okay guys, I emailed Rob at RRM to see if we have a chance. I told him we have a serious interest, but we aren't sure where the price would be if it can be done. So as soon as I know, you will all know.

Old 08-08-2006, 07:37 PM

Okay guys, RRM is a bust. They can outsource, but state that nobody would do it for just 10 pieces, it was a plain and simple answer[&o]

Quick Reply: Stiffer rear sway bar