Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Sun and no sound

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 12:45 AM
Exclamation Sun and no sound

Backing the boat in to the lake today, and swamped my 2007 Outlander. Water got in to the 3rd row well and when I went flat it all came forward, About 2 inches of water in all the floorboards. The car died then started with a PO300 code. I cleared it an it has not returned. Even when the key was off and not running I could hear static though the speakers also the ac controls for AC and Recirculate stared blinking. I think it soaked the amp? under the passenger seat I got everything home and wet dry vacuumed everything up then used fresh water to flush everything again and wet dry vacuumed it is all drying out with fans and a dehumidifier in my garage tonight but I fear I am FUDGED. The A/C stopped blinking and started working normally after the rinse and wet dry vac, the radio seems to be working tuning showing data but no sound, I also lost my Bluetooth about a week before this incident I only mention it just in case it is somehow related.

Old 08-06-2019, 09:26 AM
Default sun and no sound

It's so disappointing to post a question on this forum. It seems like no one is enthusiastic about our cars. Maybe they are not special? I love my My Mitsubishi, I think it's special and a amazing value.
Just in case someone else has this problem I have solved it without the forum so just in case someone is reading this post and wonders what happened and how to fix it here you go.
The sun and sound option on the 2007 to 2013 Mitsubishi outlander has an amplifier in my 07 it is mounted under the passenger seat it is fused under the hood of the car with a 30 amp fuse for some reason my fuse did not break, however when the vehicle got wet it did affect several components on the PCB amp that was made by Rockford fosgate. There are two 10 mm nuts that hold this amp to the body of the car they are under the front of the passenger seat it just underneath the carpet. there are also two plug connections, one in and one out, they will have to be unplugged. Then push it towards the front of the car and with a little bit of wiggling you can get it out from under the seat, it would probably be much easier to actually remove the seat but I chose not to. The amp is part number 8701A089 as a new part is around $670 you can find them on eBay for anywhere from 160 to 200 used I found one at a Pick-A-Part and paid $30. The same amp is used in 2007 to 2013 Mitsubishi outlanders and 2008 to 2014 lancers.
It's also extremely important to get the car dried out I did this by using fans and a dehumidifier for a home left of the windows cracked a little bit in the garage put the dehumidifier in the right rear passenger seat on a towel and let it run overnight also had a box fan running blowing on the floor.

Old 08-06-2019, 09:47 AM

It's not that our cars aren't special or nobody cares, it's that relatively few of them are sold in the U.S.(it's not a RAV4 or CR-V), and even fewer have the model with the Sun and Sound package, so few would know how to troubleshoot it. I think I have the exact same model as you. I bought it at 30k miles and now have 155k miles with very little trouble. Very few Outlanders I see of this vintage have the Sun and Sound package, so that's probably why you're getting no feedback.

And I, like others, I imagine, only check this forum every few weeks. It doesn't take long to catch up.

Old 08-08-2019, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by copyboy311
I bought it at 30k miles and now have 155k miles with very little trouble.
Well you'll have many many many more miles I'm at 170k bought it new I haven't done anything to it other than back it into a lake T-Boned another car on the ice. It has been one of the best cars I have ever owned, I love that there's not millions of them around like a Ford escape or a Chevy Tahoe. I will probably make sure my next daily driver is a Mitsubishi Outlander however that new eclipseX looks pretty badass in the showroom.
Thanks for responding to the post it just frustrated me.

Old 08-08-2019, 04:10 PM

Glad to hear you solved the issue, thanks for coming back and posting the solution, for those that have that specific model!!