Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Sunroof Leak in touch-free carwash

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Question Sunroof Leak in touch-free carwash

This is the second time I took my 2010 Outlander through the automatic touch free car wash, (Sometimes you just don't have the time to hand wash.) and as the high pressure jets pass over the sunroof, I get a significant amount of water dripping through.

This happened at the Esso and PetroCanada touch-free carwash locations.

I've owned other vehicles with sunroofs, and never had an issue going through the touch-less.

Anyone else with the same issue?

Old 09-06-2011, 02:07 PM

That happened to me a couple of weeks agin in another vehicle. Turns out there was a tiny rock wedged in one of the drain holes.

Onc eI got it out, no more leak.

Originally Posted by MM3Canuck
This is the second time I took my 2010 Outlander through the automatic touch free car wash, (Sometimes you just don't have the time to hand wash.) and as the high pressure jets pass over the sunroof, I get a significant amount of water dripping through.

I've owned other vehicles with sunroofs, and never had an issue going through the touch-less.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by MM3Canuck

Same here, mine is leaking even when it's heavy raining.
Went to Midtown mitsu dealer 3 weeks ago, they even didn't want to check the car and said that they need to get approval from main office even to check it. Steel waiting.....
From reading this forum it looks like crappy warranty service the norm for mitsubishi.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:28 PM

No water leakage on my Outie, neither in rain nor in touchless car wash.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by yovax
Same here, mine is leaking even when it's heavy raining.
Went to Midtown mitsu dealer 3 weeks ago, they even didn't want to check the car and said that they need to get approval from main office even to check it. Steel waiting.....
From reading this forum it looks like crappy warranty service the norm for mitsubishi.
Yes, I did feel water coming in even this weekend while driving in a down-pour in Toronto.

Please let me know what main office recommends and if they authorize the work.

Thanks

Old 09-06-2011, 02:34 PM

Not that it's any consolation, but I've seen posts on other auto forums about sunroofs leaking, mostly because drain holes get plugged up.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by theewz
That happened to me a couple of weeks agin in another vehicle. Turns out there was a tiny rock wedged in one of the drain holes.

Onc eI got it out, no more leak.

Ah I see, but in mine it's the actual sunroof leaking. Im talking water dripping/spraying between the rubber gaskets.

That shouldn't be happening. My logic tells me that the drain holes would only be needed in special circumstances. - opening sunroof while its wet, or a few drops running into the mechanism while its open.

But I'll check the drain again anyway.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:41 AM

Hey guys,

This happened to me for the first time last week. I have taken it thru car washes before with no issues. On mine the water comes in from the rear seal on the sunroof.

This is what I noticed with mine. When the sunroof cycles, opening and closing either full or just vent, it drops down a little as part of the cycle. I think this is to position the seal for max pressure against the roof. I've noticed that when my sunroof is closed and I am looking at it from the outside, the rear part of the sunroof is sitting lower than it should be. It is not level with the roof. Maybe this is a setting that can be adjusted?

I'm thinking of buying the service manual, but will still be going to the dealer to see what they say. I'll post the outcome.

John

Old 09-10-2011, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by JGMM_BC
Maybe this is a setting that can be adjusted?
I will have a look at it today (I mean I'll check if it is any adjustment/calibration for the sunroof controller).

Old 09-11-2011, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
I will have a look at it today (I mean I'll check if it is any adjustment/calibration for the sunroof controller).
Where you able to find anything?

Quick Reply: Sunroof Leak in touch-free carwash