Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Suspension lift kit for Outlander?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 07:07 AM
Default Suspension lift kit for Outlander?

Hi everybody!

I'm a 2003 2.0 4WD Outlander owner (from Spain) and I like dirty a lot. All we know the off road limits of this SUV, so I was thinking about to install a lift suspension kit. Is it possible? Where I can find a lift kit for the Outlander? Is it possible to put a large tires on my car? (I broke two rims on off road...)

Thank you very much!
Westy

PD: You can read my first post at new members area.

Old 09-09-2005, 12:08 PM
JMC
Default RE: Suspension lift kit for Outlander?

I never see anything for the Outlander on this...only the Montero. I wonder with a few mods if it would work?

Old 09-12-2005, 12:41 PM

Really?
I will try, but... Have you any idea what kind of modifications I would make on the suspension of the Montero?
Thanks

Westy

Old 09-12-2005, 03:29 PM
JMC

You know....I'm not really sure. i really don't think anything is made for the Outlander. There has to be something you can get and mod to make it owrk. Try contacting a site that sells kits and give them all the Outlander specs.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:30 PM

I am also wondering about this. I just bought a 2007 Outlander LS and also want to lift it. The 4wheel drive on this vehicle is amazing, just need some more ground clearance...

Please let me know...

Thanks

Old 02-13-2007, 09:54 AM

umm, yeah, ummmm
no

Old 02-13-2007, 02:42 PM

There is bound to be a way to get a little more ground clearence on my vehicle... I don't want to turn it into a beast 4x4 but I just want a little more ground clearence. What is the max size tire I could fit? Anything! I just want it to be a little higher.

Old 02-13-2007, 04:00 PM
JMC

I'm sure you could fit 20's if there were a few mods done. Go talk to some peeps at a shop and see what's what. Sounds like it'll be pretty cool. I'm also not sure it's a good idea if you have the 4WheelDrive. Good luck yo!

Old 02-13-2007, 05:12 PM

I have called around but it looks like I will have to have some major custom work done. I don't want a bigger wheel just a bigger tire. What do you mean it might not be a good idea with the 4WheelDrive??? I'm confused.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:55 PM

I 'm also interested in putting bigger/ wider tires on my 07 LS, I think the car will look verry nice with some wider wheels and tires, I'm not an off road type of guy, I just love the wide tire look on evo's and would like to incorporate some of that look in mine. So if any info is found on this matter please post! I would like to know how big and wide can I go without major customisation.

Quick Reply: Suspension lift kit for Outlander?