Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Tail-Light Question (2nd Gen Outie)

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Default Tail-Light Question (2nd Gen Outie)

Hey Guys!

I have a question about the tail-light for the Outlander.

Please Look at Picture!
I was wonder can the stock Outie do that?

What I mean is
-When I step on the brake, can the second part of the tail-light LED go on as-well. (The tail-gate braking light)
-I know that the very bottom (rear bumpers) are reflectors. As well as they will go dim on when you turn it on. But on the picture, it shows its very bright. I think in the pic, the reflectors are like tail-lights, brights up when brake is applied.

Thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/14710/552467EFD4CB433AB17F4451645029C3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Default RE: Tail-Light Question (2nd Gen Outie)

There are no lights in the part of the tail lights located on the hatchback, so you can't do what is shown in that photo unless you modify the lights. I'd guess that photo is from Japan, I'm not sure if an aftermarket company makes the lights of if it was just a custom modification.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:46 PM

Yes Yes, the photo was from a Jap website, so Im pretty sure the Outie is in Japan.
Ooo well

Thanks anyways!

SR

Old 02-10-2008, 10:51 PM

Wow that looks SWEET!! What is the link, maybe there is some info on replacement lights.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:03 PM

I Know eh! LOL
Well, the website is in Japanese. There is picture of Japanese Outies posted by their owner I guess. I was just randomly suring on it, and same withn this awesome light pic, LOL.
Sorry I lost the pic's URL. But I dont think is useful anyways, since is User Profile format, not like a Online Store website.

This website have a lot of pics of Outie @ Japan. SOme of them look really nice! *Site in Japanese*
http://minkara.carview.co.jp/car/5952/member/1/0/6/

Old 02-10-2008, 11:05 PM

Errrr, actually, I found it.
http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/240724/profile/
As I said, is profile website

Old 02-11-2008, 07:27 AM

All-

I don't think drilling that silvery plastic stuff in the rear hatch "lights" would be that difficult - if you could break into their acrylic housings - I'm all into mods, could retro-fit the led's, but would have one hell-of-a-time wiring all the lighting to the existing lights. Oh, and make it look STOCK....

that pic is pretty sweet....

Old 02-11-2008, 12:37 PM

Yeah that pic is awesome. I, and maybe all of us, thought that those were all lights when I first got the outtie. Then I was dissapointed that it was not functional and had no lights in them.

The Concept Outlander did have that part as a functional tail lamp. Japan has so many aftermarket items for Japanese made vehicles. I mean JPN Outlanders already having body kits and such. I doubt the US will every see body kits for the outtie.

I'm guessing its an aftermarket lamp since its in Japan. Hopefully we can figure out where to get it...

Concept:

Old 02-11-2008, 04:32 PM

I dont know much about LED light systems but Wouldnt adding another like 20 bulbs put some sort of a strain on the system?

Old 02-11-2008, 05:35 PM

Antlip-

Perhaps, but the beauty of LED lighting is that it lasts longer and uses WAY less voltage. You could also drill those holes out and only use one or two lights on each side to fully illuminate the holes. The best would be neon tubing (a friend of mine is a tubing bender) - and you can actually run neon off of radiowaves - friggin SWEET....just think - it could pulse to your music.....way cool and way BLING...[&:]

Quick Reply: Tail-Light Question (2nd Gen Outie)