Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Taking on a UK based 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 07:29 AM
Smile Taking on a UK based 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV

I'm taking on a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Jura next week so popping in to say "hi" and if anyone has any iniial advice given this is a done (and cheap) deal that would be welcome

Best to all

Last edited by nunhead_man; 05-21-2017 at 07:38 AM.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:30 AM

I got one in April as a company car. The only reason for choosing it was the low company car tax - Benefit in kind.
I do 30,000 miles per year, mainly on motorways, I am having a charge point installed at home next week.
My first impressions:
The car is comfortable, well put together, sticks to the road like glue due to the weight of the batteries and low centre of gravity, high tech and the petrol engine kicking in is seem less.
On the minus side, I am averaging 36 mpg, the car has a limited range of about 300 miles on a full tank and I am having to fill it every day I go out in business in it. One day when I did over 400 miles in a day, I had to fill it twice that day. I now have to plan my journeys taking into account where I will fill up.
Quite a shock when being used to driving a diesel with a range of 650 miles in a tank and 56 mpg.

Old 06-03-2017, 05:35 PM

Would definitely say that having the eco mode on should be an almost daily button push, whether for close to doubling the ACTUAL electric range or just improved fuel economy. There is a slight loss in acceleration, but for long journeys, it's just worth it. It's very smooth and quiet.

I drive a 2015 Phev and I love it..but wish it had a bit longer electric range.. and a slightly bigger fuel tank. Charging on a normal uk plug will take between 4 and 5 hours, and you can get a home charging point installed for free or cheap depending where you live.

Having chademo charging is nice as that gives you a 80% charge at public charging points in just over 20 mins...time for a cup of tea as the name plays on the Japanese phrase.

So it's a halfway house between full electric and the range of fuel... nice for those who need to do longer journeys.

I would recommend you download the zapmap app to your phone or tablet to see where the charging points are around where you go and which chargers you are likely to use to see whether it would be worth joining any schemes...or which free apps to get..pod point, polar etc.

Old 06-04-2017, 04:59 AM

Thanks guys - now done about 500 miles on about 2/3 of a tank of fuel - as we live in London all local miles on the battery and motorway - as you saves drives well and getting used to the toys. Need to work out when it is really using petrol Thanks re the zapmap app - that is UK? One issue is GPS - I use an Andriod 'phone and the Andriod Auto app and it does not seem to work properly if at all Otherwise a good buy we think - for a while until proper electrics get bigger and better

Old 06-04-2017, 05:43 AM
Default Zap-Map

Yep https://www.zap-map.com has an app for android and apple as well as Electric car news... but it's the charging map that is uk specific and helpful.

If you are in London remember that the Mitsubishi is exempt from the congestion charge but you have to apply for it to get it. The price of applying is basically less than paying the congestion charge once so well worth doing.

Old 06-04-2017, 06:48 AM

Ah? Thanks

and thanks re the congestion charging hint