Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Terrible radio reception

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 05:36 PM
Default Terrible radio reception

I have a 07 outlander with mmcs. The FM/AM radio reception is horrible. It is like I dont even have an antenna. Sirius works fine.

Anybody else have this problem?

rob

________
Dodge Kahuna history

Last edited by ruchuck; 02-07-2011 at 08:52 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Default RE: Terrible radio reception

I know that I had this issue with my Rock Ford fostgate none MMCS and I went to the dealer and got a warranty replacement from mitsu. Maybe they have the same issue with the mmcs never know

Old 07-04-2008, 10:39 PM

Hey,

Well Idid some more testing and have found out: Turn the ignition so that the radio comes on, everything sounds great. Turn the ignition further and start the engine: 9-10 times the reception is terrible. It was weird. 2 times out of like 20 the reception stayed good.

When the reception is bad if I open the drivers door it gets a little better. It is like when the engine comes on the antenna is not being used.
________
Franco Cortese

Last edited by ruchuck; 02-07-2011 at 08:52 PM.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:31 AM

grounding?

Old 07-05-2008, 12:59 PM

That is what I thought but not sure how to tell?

A couple of other things:

1) When the FM/AM is selected in the MMCS on the right towards the top there is an image that looks like 2 arrows pointing at 2 boxes with the left one checked. I wonder if it means anything?
2) I unscrewed the antennna and the radio reception did not change. Kind of lead me to believe the antenna was not attached and when the engine was on there was enough electrical interference to mess up the signal?
3) Drove to a dealership in the city to have it looked at. Got within 2 miles and the reception improved. Go figure. Maybe because in the city the reception was better?
4) I wonder if this is covered by warranty?

________
halfbaked

Last edited by ruchuck; 02-07-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:26 PM

Sounds like exactly same issue on my 07 as well. I know for a fact that it's not because I live in the suburbs. Reception on my previous 2 cars was perfect (Acura TSX, Mazda6) and currently new Sentra has stable reception. I called dealer and he said that he might have to charge me to take a look at this issue.

In addition to that I also have an issue with Cig lighter. If I hook up MP3 player and switch to AUX I will hear whinning noise while I accelerate. Someone said it was also related to grounding. Can you try on yours?

Old 07-07-2008, 08:02 PM

klas,

I will try the lighter when I get the car back. Broke down and took it to the dealer. Talked with a dealer and this is what he told me: $100 to diagnois, If it is loose cable/antenna, grounding or basiclly anything besides a defective part I pay.

Very worried. Dont want to dish out hundred's of dollars to get it fixed but I need a radio. Car has less then 2000 miles.
________
Ford Fairlane (North America)

Last edited by ruchuck; 02-07-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:32 PM

Yeah, I called dealer and he told me the same thing $90 for diag. i hope they find fault that's covered by warranty. Keep us posted!

Old 07-08-2008, 03:34 PM

I have an 07, without satellite, my reception is very good anywhere, I know that the antenna is different, wonder if it could be the RF/satellite antenna that is the problem.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:53 PM

OMG Took the Outie to a dealer I had not purchased the car from. The claim the Rear Entertainment System installed by the dealer I bought the car from was causing the problem. Claimed a defective interface was put in??? Charging me $350 to tell me that.

Dealer that I bought the car from will take a look at it but wont reimburse me for the expense.

I am worried that they are going to charge me a ton of momey and claim that the other dealer did something. What should I do?

________
medical marijuana patients

Last edited by ruchuck; 02-07-2011 at 08:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Terrible radio reception