Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Thinking about buying a sport this week

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 07:32 PM
Default Thinking about buying a sport this week

Wow what nice looking vehicle the outlander sport is, I was caught off guard in person looks sharp.

Anyways my jimmy 4x4 99 needs a replaced rear end and at 14 mpg time to move on

My budget was 17 grand or less and manual so it was between these 3 models.

2014 jeep patriot

2015 Honda fit

2014 Mitsubishi outlander sport

After seeing the sport in person I like that one the best, one thing I wanted to ask you guys and girls when I read reviews they really really really kind of knock the engine just wondering if it's really that bad or are they review guys just use to a lot of higher end cars that they must drive.

Thanks in advance going for a test ride tommorow

Old 06-13-2014, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by copper12
Wow what nice looking vehicle the outlander sport is, I was caught off guard in person looks sharp.

Anyways my jimmy 4x4 99 needs a replaced rear end and at 14 mpg time to move on

My budget was 17 grand or less and manual so it was between these 3 models.

2014 jeep patriot

2015 Honda fit

2014 Mitsubishi outlander sport

After seeing the sport in person I like that one the best, one thing I wanted to ask you guys and girls when I read reviews they really really really kind of knock the engine just wondering if it's really that bad or are they review guys just use to a lot of higher end cars that they must drive.

Thanks in advance going for a test ride tommorow
I would suggest that you test drive both the 4 and 6 cyl, i did and this is what convinced me to upgrade to the V6.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:50 AM

They are selling 2014 sports es models with manuals for 16999 plus tax.

v6 would be much more I would assume my budget is 17 and lower, what did you not like about the 4 cyl.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:47 AM

Ground control to major tom.

Tough site hard to get a reply or maybe not many have a sport model on here I guess.

Last edited by copper12; 06-13-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:59 AM

They are selling 2014 sports es models with manuals for 16999 plus tax.

v6 would be much more I would assume my budget is 17 and lower, what did you not like about the 4 cyl.
Don't get me wrong, the fuel economy is supposed to be great with the 2.4L but i found the acceleration underwelming, took foreever to get going to pass somebody on the hwy. I have to say that's just my impression based on my experience with my previous vehicle (Pilot 3.5 V6).

Old 06-13-2014, 09:09 AM

Cool I think the motor is a 2.0 on the 4 cyl, you must of drove a cvt I hear the manual is a little faster, I might be going for test ride by weeks end.

I drive a 5000 lb jimmy with about 140 hp so for me it may just be enough to get around, also looking at the 15 Honda fit they are just starting to release them this week and the jeep patriot at 14,678 band new is not a bad deal either I really did not want to spend a ton on a new vehicle.

Old 06-13-2014, 09:28 AM

Cool I think the motor is a 2.0 on the 4 cyl, you must of drove a cvt I hear the manual is a little faster, I might be going for test ride by weeks end.

I drive a 5000 lb jimmy with about 140 hp so for me it may just be enough to get around, also looking at the 15 Honda fit they are just starting to release them this week and the jeep patriot at 14,678 band new is not a bad deal either I really did not want to spend a ton on a new vehicle.
Correct, it was a CVT. Big difference on the type of vehicles you have selected...why the Fit if you don't mind me asking?

Old 06-13-2014, 10:15 AM

Yes they are a little different, I am a avid cyclist so you can flip up the rear seats and but bikes in sideways behind the front seats and also in the back over 52 cargo with the seats down.

Also gas mileage and I wanted a manual transmission and Hondas are very reliable I have heard, I do like the looks of the sport better but not sure how reliable Mitsubishi I just replaced tons of parts on my GMC jimmy over the years, and was one thing after another so wanted something not to fix all the time.

Most of the reviews really knock the sport but sometimes you really can't go by that, was trying to get some opinions from real world owners but every one on here but you is tight lipped so not sure what to think.

Old 06-13-2014, 11:23 AM

Yes they are a little different, I am a avid cyclist so you can flip up the rear seats and but bikes in sideways behind the front seats and also in the back over 52 cargo with the seats down.

Also gas mileage and I wanted a manual transmission and Hondas are very reliable I have heard, I do like the looks of the sport better but not sure how reliable Mitsubishi I just replaced tons of parts on my GMC jimmy over the years, and was one thing after another so wanted something not to fix all the time.

Most of the reviews really knock the sport but sometimes you really can't go by that, was trying to get some opinions from real world owners but every one on here but you is tight lipped so not sure what to think.
Yes you are right, not too much action of this forum. I have yet to pick up my Outlander, the dealer is trying to locate a GT for me so i can't really help you on the reliability issue. I do hope it's good!

Old 06-13-2014, 12:41 PM

yea I hear ya........ it is what it is I guess...........

Quick Reply: Thinking about buying a sport this week