Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Third row seating & Bluetooth Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Exclamation Third row seating & Bluetooth Questions!

I have a 2010 Outlander SE. It doesn't have the third row seating, but I'm wondering if it's possible to just add the feature onto my car? Has anyone else done this?

Also, my car acts like it has all of the features for bluetooth like the buttons on the wheel and the speaker in between the lights on the roof of the car. When I try to sync it with bluetooth though I can't get it to work. Does this mean that there is something that I have to purchase in order to get the bluetooth to work, or should it already work?

Thanks in advance for any responses!! :-)

Old 07-12-2010, 08:22 AM
Banned

If you have the hands free telephone buttons on the steering wheel and push the buttons and hear a prompt voice, your Outlander has the capabilities for blue tooth. The instruction manual will be helpful to setting up this feature. The instructions have a section on voice training your setup. If you are asking help without reading your owners manual, its not that easy. Please do a little reading, and post your results.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:24 AM

I've gone through all of the steps in the manual and it acts like it will work but my phone and car bluetooth's never find each other. I'll keep trying! Although, I've never heard a prompt voice. . . I can see where to turn bluetooth on and off and go through all of the other steps though. Do you think if I don't hear the voice that I don't have the feature?

Originally Posted by RAMON-
If you have the hands free telephone buttons on the steering wheel and push the buttons and hear a prompt voice, your Outlander has the capabilities for blue tooth. The instruction manual will be helpful to setting up this feature. The instructions have a section on voice training your setup. If you are asking help without reading your owners manual, its not that easy. Please do a little reading, and post your results.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:22 PM

If you don't have bluetooth, then you wouldn't hear anything when you press the bluetooth buttons. So you do have it, but you have some compatibility issue or a faulty bluetooth module in the car/cell phone.
Yes its possible to add 3rd row, but you will need to install seat belts and there may be legal issues depending on where you live (i.e having 7 seats in a 5 passenger car).

Old 07-13-2010, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by ivanz
If you don't have bluetooth, then you wouldn't hear anything when you press the bluetooth buttons. So you do have it, but you have some compatibility issue or a faulty bluetooth module in the car/cell phone.
Yes its possible to add 3rd row, but you will need to install seat belts and there may be legal issues depending on where you live (i.e having 7 seats in a 5 passenger car).

Thank you!

Old 07-13-2010, 10:23 AM

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/j...er/10/trims.do
I just looked up your trim level at the American website and it says:
  • Pre-wired for Bluetooth® cellular phone handsfree system (Additional equipment required)
Did the dealer install the "additional equipment required" which is the bluetooth module - this will be on your purchase invoice?
Since you are not hearing a voice prompt when you push the button I'd say you do not have the module installed. Ask your dealer to confirm.

CN

Old 07-13-2010, 04:25 PM

Ah I thought you meant it would fail to pair only (and not that you don't get any response when pressing the buttons). Then you definately don't have it if you don't hear a voice when pressing the bluetooth buttons. I have all the buttons/microphone for bluetooth, but I got the same surprise when I realized it was only pre-wired and didn't actually have the module.
FWIW, you can buy it on eBay for $200 and pay the dealer $50-$100 to enable it...its very easy to install and takes about 30 mins.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:29 PM

Ah I thought you meant it would fail to pair only (and not that you don't get any response when pressing the buttons). Then you definately don't have it if you don't hear a voice when pressing the bluetooth buttons. I have all the buttons/microphone for bluetooth, but I got the same surprise when I realized it was only pre-wired and didn't actually have the module.
FWIW, you can buy it on eBay for $200 and pay the dealer $50-$100 to enable it...its very easy to install and takes about 30 mins.
Cost me 15$ to my dealer, they just plug the computer to the car, and they activate it. I also buy it on ebay, 200$ so cheaper then the dealer over 400$ for the installation. Very very easy to install.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by nesser
http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/j...er/10/trims.do
I just looked up your trim level at the American website and it says:
  • Pre-wired for Bluetooth® cellular phone handsfree system (Additional equipment required)
Did the dealer install the "additional equipment required" which is the bluetooth module - this will be on your purchase invoice?
Since you are not hearing a voice prompt when you push the button I'd say you do not have the module installed. Ask your dealer to confirm.

CN
Ok, if this is the case then I do not have it. I didn't have anything installed additional to what was already in the car.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:43 AM

Thank you for your response.

Quick Reply: Third row seating & Bluetooth Questions!