Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Tinting an Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 10:23 PM
Default Tinting an Outlander

Anyone here had their Outlander tinted without any problems? I have an '08 and I have read somewhere that Mitsu updated the inner rubber window bumpers to have felt as not to scratch the tint when the window goes up and down. Is this correct? I checked them and they seem fully rubber to me (no fuzzy felt). I don't want to waste money on tint that will get ruined... but I do like tint in the front for many reasons (particularly more privacy).

Anyone have tint on theirs that has not had a problem with scratching? If so, what kind of tint did you buy, and how much do you roll down the windows. Thanks!

Old 10-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Default RE: Tinting an Outlander

On my 07 Outlander it has thin thin lines that run down the window. Once I got it tinted, I noticed that on both my front windows. It kinda scratch the tint. It started to happen when I move the windows up and down. From the inside you can tell, outside is hardly noticeable. I don't recall Mitsu did anything to them. I picked up regular Titanium tint.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:56 PM

I will let you know tomorrow after my appt.

Old 10-21-2008, 09:13 PM

Yeah I would really like to tint my windows, but because of the sheer fact that the windows has a huge chance of scratching.. I am really turned off by the idea.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:07 AM

Do a google search on scratch resistant window tintto find companies that sell it. Any reputable company that tints windows should automatically use scratch resistant tint. I had the front windows tinted on my 08 ES as part of my deal and have not had any problems with scratches. Hope this helps...

Old 10-23-2008, 10:49 AM

I have mine tinted and there are some markings on the tint. The guy who installed it said its covered for any scratches, so I am waiting until I have some more time to go talk to him. I think tint installers should be able to install the felt for you.

Old 10-25-2008, 12:05 PM

I had my windows tinted, on my 2007 Outlander, a year and a half ago. I have not had one problem with scratching. No lines, nothing. Just looks great.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:55 PM

I had my windows tinted on my 2008 ES. I did have a problem with scratches but the tint shop worked with me to fix the problem. They ended up getting new rubber strips with factory felt from Ford they were for a mustang. They were able to cut them to fit prefect. I have not had a problem with them since. I have a quartz 20% film on the front and a quartz 32% on the back of the factory tint. They are a good match to each other. Looks pretty good on the Diamond White Pearl with Black interior.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:46 AM

Kind of off topic, but I took my car into a shop to get the back windows tinted, and they said that it isn't a film on there that can be removed. This is an 07 by the way. Did the tint guy know what he was talking about?

Old 11-07-2008, 02:09 PM

the factory glass is "privacy glass" on the back windows.

the tint in the windows from the factory.

a film tint can be applied over the glass with no problems.

Quick Reply: Tinting an Outlander