Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Tire Replacement - 2007 XLS

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 07:48 PM
JMC
Default RE: Tire Replacement - 2007 XLS

It should have saved you a phone call in the first place. Good job Sound!

Old 04-03-2007, 07:54 PM

Can I get a short version of that soundcolor, I only have6 more hours until I go to sleep and that wont be long enough to finsih that. hahahaha

Old 04-03-2007, 09:46 PM

Yeah, here is the short version

**** YOU MR. MITUSBISHI MAN... YOU AINT VOIDING ****... BITCH

now, lets go have a beer...
[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 04-07-2007, 03:14 PM

Just picked up my new silver 2007 Outlander XLS 4WD with luxury, navigation, sun and sound, and the F6 protection and tow packages.

Build date was January 30, 2007 and delivered to a northern Indiana dealer on March 31. VIN is JA4MT41X37Z007858.

Unless choices improve, I am definitely swapping to a set of the Bridgestone 235/55/18 Alenza's in November for the 225/55/18 OEM Goodyear's, which are rated horribly on TireRack.com .

Bud H

Old 04-07-2007, 05:53 PM

OK.....I got the new 235/55-R-18 Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenzas (V RATED) installed this morning. Here is what I notice:
1. The sound from going over expansion joints and road imperfections in the road surface has been considerably reduced. It is a much quieter ride.
2. Turning feels more solid. (It was solid feeling to begin with) The feeling now is just an improvement over the already good feel.
3. The slightly wider tire looks a little more aggressive from the front/back.
4. Traction from GO is a bit more sticky than the Goodyears provided.
5. The Goodyears looked a bit plain from the side view....The Bridgestone sidewall has a bit more character. (This is not a preformance improvement, but I feel it looks better).

I know that much of this could be perception, but I feel that this change was a nice improvement.

Old 04-07-2007, 06:03 PM

just to let you all know...
the magnuson warranty act is quite weak, and usually looses in court.

Old 04-07-2007, 06:24 PM

I'm sorry but I'm going to call bull$hit on this one - the Warranty Act is a federal law and as such cannot lose nor win - it's just legislation. The merits ofa particularcase are what determines the outcome. Weak claims relying on the Act may be lost but the legislation is there to ensure manufacturers live up to their warranty obligations and consumers are protected. Under the law, generally, "tie-in" sales provisions are disallowed unless it can be shown the parts are absolutely necessary. In other words manufacturers can suggest using OEM parts but cannot disclaim warranty coverage unless the OEM parts are absolutely required - burden of proofmay be on the manufacturer or consumer depdeningon the basis of their argument.

To suggest "most are lost in court" is completely unfair without putting that into proper context. Most warranty disputes do not end up in court becasue the Federal Act also encourages many different dispute resolution mechanisms. If these resolution mechanisms were not in place and the only other option was to sue, there would be many more cases before the courts and many more lawsuits judged in favour of the consumer. What percentage of lawsuits that go to court currently wind up in favour of the consumer versus manufactureer? I have no idea, but typically the manufacturers are the ones with the deep pockets and are in a better position to defend their causes. So I have no doubt that many claims that get to court are not resolved in the consumers favour - but remember marketing 101 - consumers are fickle - it is generally more advantageous for the manufacturers to seek resolution without setting costly precedent.

My two bits....

Old 04-07-2007, 10:26 PM
JMC

I've yet to see somebody have any trouble with this. I've had a Mitsu since '97 and I change the tires and rims everytime.

Old 04-08-2007, 12:34 AM

Ya know, the only time I ever had a dealer refuse to do warranty work, was when I put a greddy turbo on my civic Si.... I polished the T/B while I was doing it, and I knicked off alot of the "sealer" and it wouldnt run.... they were pissed, and it cost me alot to fix...
oddly tho, they did eventually fix it, for free.... All they asked in return was to put my car on there showroom floor... I agreed, and drove a demo Si for a couple months...

Old 04-08-2007, 06:56 AM
JMC

I can see how a turbo mod would **** them off...but tires and rims? I just traded in my '03 Outlander with different tires and rims...I didn't even give back the original ones. Matter of fact...I have no idea where the hell they are right now.[]

Quick Reply: Tire Replacement - 2007 XLS