Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Total closure with remote?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Default Total closure with remote?

Hi does anybody know if you can program the electric windows to close when you lock the car with remote on the key, i think i read something about programming in the workshop manual with the MUTIII tool but also wondered if this could be done without the programmer! or if it is even possible
Thanks in advance

Old 06-09-2009, 05:33 AM

Press once to lock, twice to deadlock and on the second press hold down the button. This will close the windows but not the sunroof (if fitted)

Well that's how it works on mine ayway

Old 06-09-2009, 06:51 AM

deadlock?

Old 06-09-2009, 09:04 AM

Locks the vehicle from the inside as well as the outside. So it cannot be opened from inside or outside.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Falco
Press once to lock, twice to deadlock and on the second press hold down the button. This will close the windows but not the sunroof (if fitted)

Well that's how it works on mine ayway
Great! so it can be done then, does anybody know how to program it like this without visiting Mitsubishi mine does not do this i have tried several times and in different ways and cant get it to do it at all
any suggestions would be appreciated
cheers

Old 06-09-2009, 01:45 PM

First, I think if you don't have NAV, you have to have Mitsubishi program your computer to perform those functions.

Second, I don't believe there is any stock setting that will close all windows. However, there is a setting that lets you open the windows via the remote when you hold the unlock button.

I've tried to get my dealer to install the latest program of the computer...but they say that that isn't an option. (I don't have NAV)

Can anyone confirm the feature without NAV?

Old 06-09-2009, 02:41 PM

If you have a nav, how do you program to unlock all windows?

Old 06-09-2009, 06:44 PM

Does not work with my outlander. i'm relly tired of locking the car with the door handle button and see that the kids have left both rear windows one inch down... It would be really great if the windows could close by locking the car with the remote or with the door handle button. Is there any option/programming to do to make it work with my outlander?

2008 4wd XLS w/navi.

Thanks for your help.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:27 PM

I have Nav in an 09, and there is no option on the MMCS to open and close the windows with lock/unlock.

Probably has to be programed at the dealer, but if someone else knows how to do it please share.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:08 AM

For those wanting the deadlock system, please be aware that this is an EU market option only (for now). It's basically composed of ETACS programming with added hardware. So it's not an option for the US, and not all EU Outlander variants have it.

Quick Reply: Total closure with remote?