Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Total closure with remote?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 12:19 PM

Is our society really getting that lazy that people can't roll up their windows on their own?
Holy Christ, they're power windows for God's sake. Not like you have to manually roll them up.

Sheesh.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:42 PM

Yes, we are getting lazier because of the advancements in technology that lets us not to...

... to look back when backing up (Most)
... to do parallel parking (Prius, Lexus)
... to slow down while in cruise (Most Luxury cars)
... to turn your wipers when rain starts (most)
... to use your key anymore (most)
... to ask for directions when you have gps (most)

this is an endless list, but to me it seems it's all going to self driving cars (like in iRobot movie) and there are already early stages of self driving vehicles

http://berkeley.edu/news/media/relea..._autobus.shtml

Old 06-11-2009, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by QwikEVO
Is our society really getting that lazy that people can't roll up their windows on their own?
Holy Christ, they're power windows for God's sake. Not like you have to manually roll them up.

Sheesh.

Do you have kids? if not, you would not understand...

Old 06-11-2009, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by steph1693
Do you have kids? if not, you would not understand...
No, I don't.

Sorry I don't see where having kids and not being able to roll up windows yourself co-relate. That is, unless you have kids in both hands at all times, which is potentially dangerous...

Sounds like you shoulda bought one of those minivans with the self-opening doors?

Old 06-11-2009, 07:40 PM

Sheesh.
It’s just an added benefit. We pay for convenience.

Do you get up to change the channel on your TV, or do you do it the lazy way and use a remote?

Do you stand in front of your car and crank it to start it, or do you do it the lazy way and turn a key, ****, or push a button to start your car.

Last edited by rip14; 06-11-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by rip14
It’s just an added benefit. We pay for convenience.

Do you get up to change the channel on your TV, or do you do it the lazy way and use a remote?

Do you stand in front of your car and crank it to start it, or do you do it the lazy way and turn a key, ****, or push a button to start your car.
The TV thing, maybe...I can see the relevance.

The car "cranking" thing? C'mon...that's just digging. That's like trying to compare the internet to morse code.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:20 PM

No, I don't.

Sorry I don't see where having kids and not being able to roll up windows yourself co-relate. That is, unless you have kids in both hands at all times, which is potentially dangerous...

Sounds like you shoulda bought one of those minivans with the self-opening doors?
Man you have time to loose to write stupid comments like this...

My point is when i ask the kids if they have roll up their windows, they pretend yes and after getting out of the car, lock the car with the lazy button on the door handle ( i did not want this option but the dealer told me it comes equipped with the car...) and walked 25 ft and take my key to unlock the house door ( i'm looking to install a remote or fingerprint reader to open the door) and then look at the car and see that both rear windows are roll down half an inche....
That's my point. I'm sorry if i offend you but next time i will roll up the 4 windows without asking and take out the key from my remote and lock tha car with the key and i swear i will get up and walk 20 ft to change the tv channel tonight and change my cordless phone for a wired one with the big rotary switch.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:53 AM

Lose.

Old 06-18-2009, 03:16 PM

Thank you to whomever posted it was an EU model option...

And to the guy who said it was lazy...I use my remote window roll-down every day for my Infiniti G35. It's nice to have the windows open as I'm walking to the car when its 90+ outside. The only use I would have for the remote up feature would be if it started raining and your windows were down...wouldn't it be nice to be able to close everything remotely?

Old 06-18-2009, 03:42 PM

Can someone think up and post a funny witty response for me to this thread .. thanks

Quick Reply: Total closure with remote?