Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Tow a Car in the ditch

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 01:34 AM
Default Tow a Car in the ditch

i just tow my first car in the ditch, lol
i just want to know it is better tow from the back or the front.
for shure i was Lock and ASC on.
i actualy its think its better from front, because i got 60 % from the back and 40 %.
let me know of your comment.

Old 01-06-2008, 03:22 AM
Rob
Banned
Default RE: Tow a Car in the ditch

Uhhh...what?

Old 01-06-2008, 04:27 AM

All my recent cars have been fitted with tow bars. As a result I would only ever tow from the rear. Its so much easier to attach the tow rope to a tow bar.

Rob

Old 01-06-2008, 09:46 AM

Salut Armymen

For all AWD the best option is a flatbed, no matter how you look at it there are a lot of mechanical part turning when it's being towed.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:22 AM

Are you trying to get a car out of a ditch?

Are you getting the outie out of the ditch?

Regardless anything that may cause slipping of the tires in 4WD lock you need to turn ASC off.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:24 AM

sorry, i mean i take out a car out of the ditch

Old 01-07-2008, 04:34 AM

Hello, armymen.

I was confused too... I imagine - men in Canada tow Outie IN a ditch then went to computer, wrote to forum and wait an answer. His Outie still in the ditch. Sorry for my funny, my English is weak.I hope your testing the off-road possibilities still safe for you and your iron friend.

By the businnes: All cars typically have two rings (front and rear) for towing. Both of them you can use - they are identical and designed for it. In some cases you don't have a choice - whichof themto use.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:15 AM

lol, my english not good too.
Je parle pas mal mieu francais
The car was not on a offroad situation, i just tow a Car that was in the ditch. road to slippery.
i just whant to know because 4WD lock put 60% to back and 40% in front, i think its better tow a car from the front, and go reverse.
i just whant to know if you think that better front or back, i just want to know from your Experience.
im just a 20 years old guy with a 08 outie, lol with no Experience, hahahah ,lol

Old 01-07-2008, 12:44 PM

Ich lerneDeutsch in die Schule und in die Hochschule.

As I undrestand, you towedOTHER car from a ditch?

In this cases need to remember that Outlander'07 still FWD car. In any mode, incl 4WD Lock.It sounds strange, yeah?

Front wheelsconnected to gearbox (eq engine) ALWAYS
Rear axis - via rear electronic control coupling. This device cansend to rear axis from 0% to 100% of torque. Basic knowledges I posted here: https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_197350/mpage_2/tm.htm

But! If both axis still on dry surface, rear coupling fully connected, torque divided between front and rear as 50/50!!! Why MMC speak about 60% to rear? I think it accessible on dry surface in one and exactly one condition: Car stopped in Lock mode then quickly press gaz until full throttle. What happen? The car unloads front axis and loads rear. Noticed? Only in this case we may speak about 60% torque to rear. In very rare cases when ECU send 100% signal to rear coupling. (Ex full throttle and steering wheel is precise inzero condition). In most cases ECU's signal still in 30-50%.

I'm thinking you tired fromtheory, return to practice.

In your case for high performance you need to select car position in which FRONT axis will be fully loaded. Then you may use "R" or "D" - it doesn't matter.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:06 PM

In this cases need to remember that Outlander'07 still FWD car. In any mode, incl 4WD Lock.It sounds strange, yeah?
well if i put lock 60 % is in the back so that is not a FWD because more power came from back well, right ?
Front wheelsconnected to gearbox (eq engine) ALWAYS
Rear axis - via rear electronic control coupling. This device cansend to rear axis from 0% to 100% of torque. Basic knowledges I posted here: https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_197350/mpage_2/tm.htm
the rear can not have 100% or the torque.
But! If both axis still on dry surface, rear coupling fully connected, torque divided between front and rear as 50/50!!!
the outie dont have a 50/50
FWD = Front Weel drive only 100%
4WD = Front Weel drive and share to back weel 15-30 % depend on speed
4WD lock = 40% Front 60 % back

Quick Reply: Tow a Car in the ditch