Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

TPMS and MMCS

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 11:17 PM
Default TPMS and MMCS

After a few miles in the highway in a brand new new 2008 Outlander XLS V6 (With the Navigation System) the control cluster flagged the 'tire' icon and a text 'SERVICE REQUIRED'. Since then this light and text is permanently on. The dealer asked me to take the car back to scan and check the TPMS sensors of the vehicle. However, it appears that the MMCS has a menu to reset/set the TPMS and this can be done at home without taking the car to the dealership. Is this the right action to take?

Does anyone have any experience about this problem and has managed to solve it at home just by operating the MMCS?

The tire pressure is 2.2 Bar or 33 PSIA (all tires-taken in the morning)

Old 06-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Default RE: TPMS and MMCS

There is no way to reset or reprogram the TPMS through the MMCS. There is a procedure described in your manual for setting TMPS when the pressure is set on your tires and this is not through the MMCS.

Reprogramming the ECU to recognize new or replaced TMPS requires dealership intervention. The ECU can only retain 4 sensor addresses.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:34 AM
Default RE: TPMS and MMCS

My 2008 Outlander XLS has two INFO. One is the INFO button and the other is the INFO given by the MMCS. Why are there two INFO accesses? Each of these INFO don't talk to each other. Setting the same function in one doesn't influence the setting of the same function in the other.

Could some one give some information how to order the "Multi-Use Tester III" or M.U.T.-III Software. Is this product only sold to dealers?

I am able to order all the other peripherals (to be used with MUT-III) from SPX for about $3,500.

With regards to the problem of the TPMS, I took the car to the dealer. They use the Scan machine (i.e. MUT-III) to discover that only 3-sensors were previously activated. They eventually put it right.

However they couldn't zero or re-set the schedule maintenance (oil change) fixed in a previous setting that by mistake they set it to 14,500 miles and 12 months. The technician tried to do something by reading his notes given to him in his Mitsubishi training lessons and operating at the same time the MUT machine. No success.