Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

TPMS and tire rotation?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 09:39 PM
tcp
Default TPMS and tire rotation?

Does the location of the wheel matter to the tpms system? If i rotate them, do I need to go to the dealer and have the system re-initialized?

Old 04-24-2008, 06:49 AM
Default RE: TPMS and tire rotation?

No you don't the position of the tire does not matter I removed my XLS 18 inch last November to install my winter on and 2 week ago re-install my 18 and did my tire rotation and everything is good.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:49 AM

The TPMS will reset itself automatically after you've driven a few miles. I've had this on a few vehicles now and never had any issues. It doesn't matter which side or location each tire is which allows you to rotate them as needed.

In the future when you buy new tiresjust make sure the installers don't mess up the sensors which are attached to the rims. Most stand alone tire places hire teenagers to do this stuff anymore, which means the work won't be as good and won'tbe covered under warranty if damaged. I purchased a set of tires for my Mazda 3s (which also has the TPMS) from TireRack and had a local shop install them. I made sure to watch the whole install and even asked the tech about the sensors. They were familiarwith the sensors and I didn't have any problems, but the tech said he had heard of sensors beingdamaged at other places.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:22 PM

Every how many miles do i need to rotate my tires ?

Old 06-28-2008, 03:55 PM

most recommend it every oil change or 6k.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:34 AM

Hi Guys,

Saw this old topic and wanted to ask something related. My Outie's rear right TPMS should have gone busted several months ago as the pressure indicator just keeps on blinking and seems to not detect it. So I had the spare wheel with the sensor swapped with this one, so I'll have working sensors on all active wheels. My wife had driven the car for more than a month now registering more than 700km but the TPMS had not shifted detecting the swapped sensor yet as the blinking on the display is still on the original position. Is this affected by the fact that one of the sensors is broken? Any suggestion how to make the system detect the swapped sensor positions? Appreciate the help.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:52 AM

Only 4 sensors could be registered at a time. No TPMS sensor in the spare wheel.
Are you referring to Mitsubishi Outlander?

Old 01-30-2014, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
Only 4 sensors could be registered at a time. No TPMS sensor in the spare wheel.
Are you referring to Mitsubishi Outlander?
Yes, a 2007 GLS model which has a sensor on the spare wheel.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:53 PM

Maybe that's a South Africa's special thing. Never saw 5 sensors registered.

Are you the first owner?

Old 01-31-2014, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
Maybe that's a South Africa's special thing. Never saw 5 sensors registered.

Are you the first owner?
Its a Japan assembled unit and I'm from Asia

Second owner. Got it for the wife 2 years ago with 65kKM at the ODO and its only currently at ~70kKM.

Quick Reply: TPMS and tire rotation?