Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

TPMS and tire rotation?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 01:48 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Vadimus
Is Toronto, ON close enough? Just 1hr north from Buffalo, NY
Do you have this mystical tpms tool? If so how much would you charge?

Old 09-11-2016, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by SERPENTOR
Do you have this mystical tpms tool? If so how much would you charge?
Actually I still have (though going to sell it) dealer's MUT-III tool that does all things including TPMS learning natively. I don't think it's worth driving that far honestly, but PM me if you happen to go North sometimes.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:37 PM

Actually I still have (though going to sell it) dealer's MUT-III tool that does all things including TPMS learning natively. I don't think it's worth driving that far honestly, but PM me if you happen to go North sometimes.
Hey, still have the tools? Where are you located in toronto?

Old 03-29-2018, 08:16 AM

I'm located in the part of Toronto that is more known as Ottawa

Old 03-29-2018, 03:57 PM

I'm located in the part of Toronto that is more known as Ottawa

I thought you live in Toronto. Was holing to meet up and buy the tpms tool from you and ask few questions.

Old 03-29-2018, 04:07 PM

I bought a 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander GT and had the dealership installed the winter tires cause it was late October and tpms sensor was already program into the car. 3 days ago I put my summer tires on and the tpms warning came on. So, I went to the dealership to have them program the tpms sensor for the other set. I ask the service advisor to program it on set 2 tire but the technician couldn't find the SETTINGS menu because he didn't activate the hand brake. NOw both sets of wheels are program on Set 1, will I be able to change it when I switch my tire sets? Has this happened to anyone? Any advised is appreciated.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:29 PM

RE: 2016 Outlander GT TPMS PIDs for Torque Pro

Hello There;

I recently got a OBDII with an expectation to see the tire pressures in each of the 4 tires. I can connect to the OBDII very easily and see many sensors, but not the sensors for the TPMS. I have tried those EX and LX Mitsubishi plugins in Torque Pro, but still do not see TPMS sensors.

I even tried to added the PIDs my garage scanned when swapping tires, but Torque Pro read out 0. Not sure if this is because I did not put in the proper header and equations.

Does anyone here have the PIDs for the TPMS on 2016 Outlander GT? In case it helps, here is the OBDII that I have https://www.aliexpress.com/item/XTRO...311.0.0.npYQg8.

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-06-2018, 07:39 AM
Default Help -- 2016 Outlander GT TPMS PIDs for Torque Pro

Originally Posted by jllmoe
RE: 2016 Outlander GT TPMS PIDs for Torque Pro

Hello There;

I recently got a OBDII with an expectation to see the tire pressures in each of the 4 tires. I can connect to the OBDII very easily and see many sensors, but not the sensors for the TPMS. I have tried those EX and LX Mitsubishi plugins in Torque Pro, but still do not see TPMS sensors.

I even tried to added the PIDs my garage scanned when swapping tires, but Torque Pro read out 0. Not sure if this is because I did not put in the proper header and equations.

Does anyone here have the PIDs for the TPMS on 2016 Outlander GT? In case it helps, here is the OBDII that I have https://www.aliexpress.com/item/XTRO...311.0.0.npYQg8.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Photo shows what I did to add custom PIDs, but they do not work, could experts here point out what I did wrong?

1. are the tire IDs the correct PIDs I should put in at Step1- screen1?
2. what should I put in for the equations and the Header fields at Step 1- Screen2?
3. what should I put in at the commands fields at step1- screen3?

Thx

Attached Thumbnails  TPMS and tire rotation?-tpms-pids.jpg  
Old 11-18-2019, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Zaido007
I bought a 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander GT and had the dealership installed the winter tires cause it was late October and tpms sensor was already program into the car. 3 days ago I put my summer tires on and the tpms warning came on. So, I went to the dealership to have them program the tpms sensor for the other set. I ask the service advisor to program it on set 2 tire but the technician couldn't find the SETTINGS menu because he didn't activate the hand brake. NOw both sets of wheels are program on Set 1, will I be able to change it when I switch my tire sets? Has this happened to anyone? Any advised is appreciated.
Hi,
I am dealing with the same issue now....Went to dealership after I put my summers on, because of course even though they sold me the winters as well, they "forgot" to program them as a second set of tires and overwritten the summer's settings. So they programmed the summers . Now I put winters back and the damn light came back on. I rotated the tires, so thought it was because of this, but from what I learned here tire rotation doesn't affect TPMS programming.

I am going to escalate the whole story to Mitsubishi Canada, this level of service is unacceptable !

Old 11-19-2019, 08:22 AM

Rotation doesn't effect it. If they programmed them as a second set, there is a menu option in the dash to switch over to the other set.