Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Trailer harness wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 01:53 PM
Default Trailer harness wiring

Does any one have the wire color and locations for connectinga trailer wiring harness.

Old 03-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Default RE: Trailer harness wiring

The ones I seen so far are T connectors. There should be a place that unplugs by the rear and you put the T connector in. You plug the 2 stock ends into each side of it.

Old 03-25-2007, 05:22 PM

I had t connectors on my last outlander, however i have not seen any thing about the 2007. If you know where to get one let me know but when i bought the tailer hitch they said there wasnt a t connector harness out yet. I am probably going to install it this week some time and i will post the results.

Old 03-25-2007, 08:00 PM

I have seen one for mitsubishi at a local trailer shop. It was labled for 07 mits. But I do have a print out of the accessories- hitch wire harness mz313815. Give your mits dealer a call.

Old 03-26-2007, 12:01 PM

Yeah i saw the Mitsubishi one but it was like $104.00. I bought a universal one at auto zone for less than $30. Any way I installed the trailer hitch and wiring harness last night. Here are the wire colors. I will do a full write up with pictures when i get a free min.

Right turn signal - White with Gold trace found on car side of the passenger side tail light harness

Tail/parking lights - Brown with gold trace found on car side of the passenger side tail light harness

Brake lights - Red with silver trace found on car side of the passenger side tail light harness

Left turn signal - Green with silver trace found on car side of thedriver sidetail light harness

Old 03-26-2007, 02:34 PM

The hitch igot, made by curt,didnt come with the ball mount. I noticed the factory ball mount has a significant rise to it. Does any one know the hieght of the rise on their factory ball mount?

Old 04-02-2007, 12:07 PM

I would like to know what the rise of the OEM piece is also.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:15 PM

hmmmm. I am now considering getting one, though I dont think I would EVER use it. The rise on the OEM piece is alot, If I had to guess (and its only a guess) its got to be at least 4 inches... maybe a little more (guessing from the pictures I have seen.)
Though if it were me, i would just get a regular ball mount, a straight one, would seem to me, would be high enough, and still alow you to fully open the tailgate.

Old 04-02-2007, 08:54 PM

people using non-mitsu trailer lights may be in for an expensive surprise..
the mitsu kit uses its OWN circuit for power. Meaning, it does not pull amperage from the light circuits on the car to activate the trailer lights. The aftermarket ones do.
That may be a problem, as the lighting is all solid state controlled. Besides the possibility of just blowing a fuse, you may in fact damage the control circuitry for the lighting.
There is a reason the aftermarket ones are dirt cheap... They're usually crap.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:50 PM
hex

etrailer.com has a wiring harness for the '07 Outlander. it is a T-one connector with a 4 pole flat for$29.95. Since the vehicle and body style are still 'new' it takes time before aftermarket acessories are made available. iam looking for a class II 1.25" reciever hitch but currently only a 2" reciever is available. i have no idea why this it takes so long.

http://www.etrailer.com/pc-VWH~11830...bishiOutlander

here is the write up:
Tow Ready T-One Vehicle Wiring Harness by Draw-Tite, Hidden Hitch and Reese
[ul][*]Provides a 4-pole flat trailer connector for the vehicle[*]Quick and Easy[*]No Cutting, Splicing or Taping[*]Just Plug in the T-One Connector and You're Ready to Tow[*]Solid One Piece Construction[*]16 Guage Bonded Wire w/ 4-Flat Plug[*]"Factory" Appearance[*]Simple Do-It-Yourself Instructions on Every Package [/ul]
Can be used with 5-pole, 6-pole or 7-pole adapters.

Installation: Connection points are located behind the vehicle taillights. The 4-pole trailer connector will be stowed inside the spare tire compartment when not in use.

Quick Reply: Trailer harness wiring