Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Transmission warranty potentially voided

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 05:58 PM

I would be very nervous to take my vehicle back there. I would also be very nervous of the work they did to my vehicle. You should call mitsubishi customer care and have them tow it to another dealership.

I love that they discounted the flush job. I hope by discounted, you mean made free.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:52 AM

If you have a 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander 4WD in the USA, your transmission is 6-speed INVECS II-Sportronic. That uses DiaQueen ATF J2 which is colored translucent red. The original DQ J2 ATF container is colored gray plastic bottle. There is nothing even close to a color green. I would call Mitsubishi HQ, give them your VIN number and verify with them the correct fluids for your vehicle. That transmission should not be filled with anything else other than DQ J2 ATF. Whatever that green stuff is, it's not DQ J2 ATF, which will void your warranty. If the dealership did the job, they would pay for the warranty job if something breaks in your transmission. Auto transmission is very sophisticated set of mechanical parts that requires specific lubricants to keep the system from early failure. handling that 220HP of engine power requires a lot of stress on your transmission. I would have that issue corrected as early as possible.

Last edited by rcpax; 12-13-2010 at 01:28 PM. Reason: correction for transmission naming
Old 12-13-2010, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by rcpax
If you have a 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander 4WD in the USA, your transmission is 6-speed INVECS III.
AFAIK INVECS III is CVT, 6 speed auto is INVECS II.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:21 PM

you're correct.it is INVECS-II. I got that mixed up.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:22 AM
Default Fool

My car is currently parked...as in scared to drive it since a couple days after bringing it back. What went from a slight hesitation every once in a great while is now slipping and rumbling in almost every gear every drive since the flush.

I have had a major work deadline so haven't made calls yet...

Is Mitsubishi headquarters next step or do I contact the district service manager? I think mitsubishi's phone number is in my warranty manual and papers.....

I feel like a fool for believing they told me my car was fixed. I have to talk to someone outside this dealership at this point because they have lied and won't listen to a thing I say. I called to tell them there was still a problem and asked them again if they tested the computers to see if they tested fine. They said, "your light wasn't on was it?" I said a service or transmission light has never been on..I am talking about the computer that told you at first that my transmission was malfunctioning and that I needed a new one. He said he would have to talk to the technician. He said it's pretty cold today...it could be the weather. I said you have got to be kidding me. He told me it tested fine when you let me pick it up. He said they were trying to fix the car the fastest easiest way so I can get my car back. I told him I didn't ask for my car back I asked for it to be fixed and I hung up on him.

I couldn't even make this stuff up. I feel like I am in the twilight zone.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:42 AM

usually, there is a number posted in the service dept area about if you are not happy with your service, to call that number. you could call the dealerships general line and ask the lady for that number...and ask specifically not to be transferred to service.

corporate north america number is 1-888-648-7820...for their records, it'd be a good idea if you had your VIN number as well.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:59 AM
tcp
Default Not a fool

You have the wrong fluid in there. That's why the problems. You need to have it towed to another dealership (or private mechanic) and have it flushed with J2 (red). I would bet it'll be ok. You need to start a small claims court case against the dealership, when you have time.

Originally Posted by Wolfechica
My car is currently parked...as in scared to drive it since a couple days after bringing it back. What went from a slight hesitation every once in a great while is now slipping and rumbling in almost every gear every drive since the flush.

I have had a major work deadline so haven't made calls yet...

Is Mitsubishi headquarters next step or do I contact the district service manager? I think mitsubishi's phone number is in my warranty manual and papers.....

I feel like a fool for believing they told me my car was fixed. I have to talk to someone outside this dealership at this point because they have lied and won't listen to a thing I say. I called to tell them there was still a problem and asked them again if they tested the computers to see if they tested fine. They said, "your light wasn't on was it?" I said a service or transmission light has never been on..I am talking about the computer that told you at first that my transmission was malfunctioning and that I needed a new one. He said he would have to talk to the technician. He said it's pretty cold today...it could be the weather. I said you have got to be kidding me. He told me it tested fine when you let me pick it up. He said they were trying to fix the car the fastest easiest way so I can get my car back. I told him I didn't ask for my car back I asked for it to be fixed and I hung up on him.

I couldn't even make this stuff up. I feel like I am in the twilight zone.