Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Turbo 2011 outlander xls

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by ivanz
Not sure how that's cost effective. Studying the service manual, everything is tied to ETACS ECU (radio, A/C, ASC, 4WD). You will either have a car with no features whatsoever or will have to get the equivalent compatible ECU from the EVO 7.

Incorrect buddy....
Asc and 4wd system including acd are controlled by their own Ecu..we HAVE done a conversion using an acd diff on a non acd car simply by tapping into the ayc Ecu and using the original ayc module to supply fluid pressures to the acd

Old 03-17-2013, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Burtonrider10022
Isn't the ETACS ECU different from the engine ECU? I thought the ETACS was just the CAN-BUS system.
Yes, its a different "ECU." However, ETACS brings everything together. It controls parameters sent to the other ECUs and enables/disables them. It can only enable the other ECUs and allow them to operate if it knows how to interface with them.

Originally Posted by Gen-8
Yes you are right burt. The engine Ecu is different to the etacs, etacs is simply the electronics control module. Ie windows,locking, etc...
And nz models don't get the canbus system so again walk in the park for me
Wrong. ETACS has high level control of everything.
If you read the first few pages of the service manual, you will find there are 3 different speed CAN BUSes interconnecting all the ECUs. The window controls are running on the LIN bus. The highest speed CAN BUS is used to interface with the engine ECU and other critical driveline components.

Originally Posted by Gen-8
Incorrect buddy....
Asc and 4wd system including acd are controlled by their own Ecu..we HAVE done a conversion using an acd diff on a non acd car simply by tapping into the ayc Ecu and using the original ayc module to supply fluid pressures to the acd
Thanks for proving my point. You used the exact same ECU, which of course will work. Trying using something from a different generation car and it will not work.

Last edited by ivanz; 03-17-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:13 PM

Yes and no, a very good debate able thread this is,
Anyhow, getting etacs and control modules to talk are not hard. 1 word Motec...
They specifically have a controller for ayc/acd setups for mitsi vehicles when running aftermarket ecu's in them.

Aswell if or when I do the conversion I'd always use the matching ecu's. just plain stupid not to really...

Like I said I think in USA you have all the electrical canbus issues to worry about, but afaik in NZ we don't have canbus so it makes it a hell of a lot easier

Old 03-18-2013, 05:28 PM

It's amazing how sometimes technology can actually make life HARDER.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:39 PM

Yes burt BUT its amazing how a discussion can make you Smarter . Then life's hards are easy.

Old 02-05-2020, 03:21 PM

Oh Wow, I cant believe it, I did this Crappy photoshop about 2005 with the dream of a ute one day. You sir are a freakin legend. Was looking for the old image and found this thread and your photbucket photos. Nice work. thing looks amazing.