Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Turn Signal Issue - 3 flashes

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 11:27 AM
Default Turn Signal Issue - 3 flashes

Has anyone tried the 3-flash turn signal change on the MMCS?

I don't know if it is because the car is still new and the turn signal stalk is not broken in yet, but when i push the lever slightly (as indicated) it doesn't alwaysactivate the 3-flash setting. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Now when i push it iend up pushing it too hard so that it will engage andjust end up pushingit all the way.

Just curious.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:38 AM
Default RE: Turn Signal Issue - 3 flashes

I find the same thing happens with mine which is 12 months old now so it is not just a case of the switch 'breaking in'.
I find that a light quick flick of the switch does it most times ( but not always!!)

Happy 'Outings' !!!
Ron

Old 01-31-2008, 01:07 PM

When I got the car, I thought that it wasa cool feature and activated it, but I have come to realize that it is more of an annoyance because it does not always work. Sometimes when I want to use it I either end up not pushing hard enough, or pushing too hard and turning the signal full on. And then other times when I accidentally brush up against it it goes off. I have decided to turn it off and just signal the old fashioned way, it was a good thought though

Old 01-31-2008, 01:36 PM
tcp

it takes some getting used to. It works great for me. The biggest problem is when i drive our other vehicle, i try to change lanes using this method and it doesn't have this feature...which means I become one of those non-signalling A$$holes I curse at.

Old 01-31-2008, 01:47 PM

ORIGINAL: tcp

it takes some getting used to. It works great for me. The biggest problem is when i drive our other vehicle, i try to change lanes using this method and it doesn't have this feature...which means I become one of those non-signalling A$$holes I curse at.
Nice! I hate those punks.

If i could i would have made it flash 4 or 5 times even, because 3 just doesn't seem to be long enough. I guess i may just diable it andrevert back tothe old way. At least now i know i'm not the only one that feels that way.

Old 01-31-2008, 01:59 PM

Works great for me and love it. On my old car I would always just hold the stalk to the part where it wouldnt lock, signals would flash for as long as I held it, and when I let go it stops. So its great that I can just flick it once and get 3 flashes, which is enough.

I didnt have to "break" it in though. Just like last car, just flick it enough where you feel the resistance of it about to lock, then let go...

Old 01-31-2008, 03:08 PM

Who don't like "3 time flash" feature can easily disable it: every dealercan re-programm Outie's computer.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:59 PM

Works perfectly every time on my 2007 non-MMCS Outlander.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:20 PM

I didn't use it at first, but recently I've been using it more and more. I would like to be able to set it so it blinks 5 times.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:35 PM

I think is that the signal is too easily fully engaged. Just a little too hard of a tap and I have turned the signal all the way on. It appears to require a more refined touch than my club hands have, to make it work consistantly!

Quick Reply: Turn Signal Issue - 3 flashes