Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

turn signal volume

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 07:04 AM
hex
Default turn signal volume

has any other '07 Outie owners noticed that the audible turn signal volume (for a lack of a better description) is very faint? most of the time i can barely hear the signal during a turn and have often noticed that it remains on after i complete the lane change/turn. is there a way to increase the audible "tick" that the turn signals make???

Old 05-30-2007, 10:42 AM
Default RE: turn signal volume

........i thought is was just me ! ! just this past weekend a couple of times , wife: "hey your turn signal is still on" Me : ooooops.
do we have a problem with the self canceling ? I know , pay attention to what you are doing !

Old 05-30-2007, 12:09 PM

2008feature - adjustable turn single volume! Atually I like the quiet click - beats those GM tickers that interrupt your onversation everyime they are on!

Old 05-30-2007, 12:25 PM

I found the same thing as well, keep driving along with it still blinking without realising.
The problems not the volume it's the auto cancel, it seems unless you do a full turn of the steering wheel it stays on!

Old 05-30-2007, 04:08 PM

The auto cancel problem must be a mitsu trait, my 04 RA would do the exact same thing, not turn off unless you made a full turn. I find the clicking sound alot more apealing than most cars, so no complaints there.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:03 PM

Its not any worse than my Oldsmobiles as far as not canceling. I wanted to beat my Ford into pieces because I couldnt keep the freakinsignal on.

I have to say I miss the old fart feature of the Oldsmobiles, if you left the signals on too long you would get a very loud warning bing that would startle you out of your signal coma.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:18 PM

They are pretty quit. I have also found myself driving with the blinker on more than once. I have learned after the first couple times to check everytime I use them. Now that I have that down everytime I turn, the low volume is awesome.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:07 AM

I've not experienced the signals not cancelling, but most of my turns are 90 degrees.

I agree that they are really quiet..more than one person has made fun of me for not using a signal (since I complain that others don't)..but I tell them I did..it's just that quiet.

Does anyone know where the flasher unit is located? I'm guessing it's buried somewhere since usually the sound comes from the unit

Old 05-31-2007, 11:59 AM

I just want to add to the discussion that you can actually set the turn signal to 3 blinks for quick lane changes, and all you do is a quick jolt at the signal switch without actually "locking" it all the way, then it will give you 3 flashes then shut off, just about enough to signal your intention to change lanes. I've used this a whole lot of time, then I don't have to worry about leaving the blinkers on.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:35 PM

Ive found that if you just tap the indicator it flashes a few times, otherwise like you said its stays on, which can get annoying sometimes.

Quick Reply: turn signal volume