Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

UK 08 Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 04:21 AM
Default UK 08 Outlander

Guys i know this question may have been asked a 1000 times already but i've searched and still not found a definitive answer. I have a 08 Outlander Elegance with the MMCS & Rockford Fosgate Audio. I'm desperate to attach my ipod to it but have no idea how to go about it. I've searched everywhere to find an AUX Port or USB to plug the Ipod into. Is there a way to do this without removing the head unit etc or will i have to get the tool box out and strip the dash.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:06 AM

Have you checked the rear of the centre console (down by rear passengers feet) for an AUX input?

Old 02-07-2012, 12:55 PM

Yep, there's nothing there. There's a 12v power source under the center armrest, but thats it ! ! the head unit displays an AUX option too

Old 02-07-2012, 03:29 PM

Look at here...

Name:  p3.jpg
Views: 3134
Size:  24.4 KB

Old 02-07-2012, 05:13 PM
ndj

There should be a blanking panel at the base of the REAR of the center console ahead of where a centre rear passenger's feet would be. Remove the blanking panel and you should find inputs there. You'll still need an adapter lead to connect your iphone though.

If you have the rear seat DVD system installed in your car the AUX input wires will have been hijacked and connection to the centre console sockets won't work :-(

Old 02-07-2012, 07:57 PM

And FYI if the aux cable is not connected: taking out the nav/stereo takes less than 5 minutes. I (or anybody else) could do a stereo to NAV swap in less than 15 minutes. If it appears, then its grounded in the back, which probably means its fully connected.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:26 AM

so will i need an adapter for the cable if its there... can the kids attach there dvd screens into it to play via the MMCS. Its all very confusing.... nothings in any of the manuals. Thanks in advance guys

Old 02-08-2012, 10:20 PM

Yes, its possible. I believe some models have wiring for a 3rd RCA jack in the above picture. Its possible, but you may have to install some wires by yourself. You can see the link in my signature for most of the wiring for the stereo/NAV.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:23 AM

The entire system is overly complicated and frustrating. It's fine if you want to use it in the oem configuration, but altering it in any way is just difficult. For example, I just have the oem dvd player (without MMCS), but if my kids are watching a dvd in the back, I cannot listen to my ipod via the aux connector

Old 02-10-2012, 04:46 AM

Ok so i removed the panel from the back seat and found the wires attached to the back of it. Now what do i do with it, does anyone know what the part number is to add the Audio and Video inputs to the console so its more of a permanent option should the kids want to plug their ipods in (god help me!!)

I can't believe that Mitsubishi UK added a Radio, DVD, CD, SatNav system and forgot about people wanting to add an ipod or any music player to their cars!! its madness!!

Another thing that is still confusing me is why display an Aux option on the head unit if there's no we're to add anything without a degree in auto electronics.

Quick Reply: UK 08 Outlander