Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

UK 08 Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 05:12 AM

just found this on google "Home"

bit pricey but looks a solution to what im wanting

Old 02-10-2012, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by thejobbox
Ok so i removed the panel from the back seat and found the wires attached to the back of it. Now what do i do with it, does anyone know what the part number is to add the Audio and Video inputs to the console so its more of a permanent option should the kids want to plug their ipods in (god help me!!)
You'll need this adapter

Name:  SP_A0077.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  15.5 KB

Old 02-10-2012, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by benshepherd
The entire system is overly complicated and frustrating. It's fine if you want to use it in the oem configuration, but altering it in any way is just difficult. For example, I just have the oem dvd player (without MMCS), but if my kids are watching a dvd in the back, I cannot listen to my ipod via the aux connector
Not really, its quite simple apart from the way the amp is activated. Its just simple wiring.
Yes the RES uses the AUX wires, that is why there is an input on the RES for audio.
You can use the satellite radio input if you don't mind cutting wires, that way you set the system to satellite but have the audio come from an aux in instead.

Originally Posted by thejobbox

I can't believe that Mitsubishi UK added a Radio, DVD, CD, SatNav system and forgot about people wanting to add an ipod or any music player to their cars!! its madness!!

Another thing that is still confusing me is why display an Aux option on the head unit if there's no we're to add anything without a degree in auto electronics.
You have to ground a wire in the back of the nav or stereo to have aux show up in the system. On cars without aux, at least in Canada, this was not grounded and hence not an option in the stereo.

I don't have an education in electronics whatsoever and its dirt easy to understand from the service manual what does what.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by rastel69
You'll need this adapter

i can't see from this image but is it simply an Left/Right audio and Video port?

also found this Kenwood KCA-iP500 iPod® Control Interface Control your iPod with your Kenwood receiver at Crutchfield.comdo you guy know if its correct for the MMCS on a UK Outlander with Rockford Fosgate Amp option?

Old 02-12-2012, 02:21 PM

It may work, only people with Australian MMCS have confirmed it to fit in the socket.