Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

UK Outlander Elegance questions

Old 04-10-2007, 12:46 PM
Default UK Outlander Elegance questions

Hi All,

I am in the UK and have an Outlander Elegance (the one with the music server and navi system) and have a couple of questions that you may be able to answer.

With the bluetooth phone system , is it possible for the contacts name to appear on the touch screen , not just the callers number?

Also , i have tried to play a copied DVD (on a DVD-R) in the car but i get the message (cant find target?) , anyone else had this problem?

Lastly , the handbook talks about keyless entry , the system software also allows me to change settings for the keyless entry but what is it? I only have what looks like a standard car key (with lock and unlock buttons on it). Is there an secondary piece of kit that i need for the car to unlock itself when i come into range and without me having to press any buttons?

Cheers Ray (UK)

Old 04-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Default RE: UK Outlander Elegance questions

I dont think you can display the callers name on the MMCS screen since phonebook contacts are stored as voice clips for voice recognition, and when the BT systems receives calls, it pulls only the number from your handset and not the contact's name on your mobile's phonebook.

For me, I haven't tried playing copied DVDs, only originals. It might have something to do with security, so you might want to do a 1:1 disc copy if that isn't the way you did it in the first place. Copying from an image (ISO etc) could create problems during playback.

If you vehicle has a FAST key system, then you don't need the kit. How the FAST key works is for you to grab the door handles, wait for the unlock beep and flashing lights, then pull to open. So in other words, no need to push any buttons, but you need to grab the handles and the key must be a foot, more or less, from the door handles.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:39 PM

Thanks , i may be getting confused with the terminology , the software lets me alter the details for the keyless entry , no mention of Fastkey , is this the same. I have just tried doing as you said , i.e. holding the door handle with the key in close proximity but nothing happens.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:45 PM

FASTkey is still keyless entry, but not all keyless entry works like FASTkey. I think your vehicle is equipped with a "traditional" keyless entry with a "lock" and "unlock" buttons, but not FASTkey.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:49 PM

Ah , damn it , is this a dealer accessory (Fastkey) ,also are the stainless steel mesh grill kits available in the US only?

Old 04-10-2007, 01:53 PM

It could be in your market (UK), but it's standard here in the US for the XLS trim. I don't see it as an option for ES and LS trims, these both have the traditional keyless entry, but I can't say the same is true for the UK market. The stainless mesh grill kit should be in your market, not here. We don't get those nice accessories here. All we get are the boring mudguards and trailer tows.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:56 PM

You could check Ebay for US parts for your vehicle. Apparently, discluding the mesh grill kit.

Old 04-10-2007, 02:16 PM

ORIGINAL: OutlanderUK

Ah , damn it , is this a dealer accessory (Fastkey) ,also are the stainless steel mesh grill kits available in the US only?

If you are referring to this stainless steel mesh grill kit, it's available from your UK dealer for £555 inc vat + fitting, they now have the accessories catalogue available.

Name:  red-1.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  24.5 KB

Old 04-10-2007, 02:18 PM

Very Nice (and expensive!) , is the accessories brochure available for download anywhere?

Old 04-10-2007, 02:23 PM

Ther are a few things which are different but this ones mostly the same except the wheels and warrior parts

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.ie/temp.../Outlander.pdf

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: UK Outlander Elegance questions