Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   UK Outlander Elegance questions (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/uk-outlander-elegance-questions-17947/)

zontarh 04-10-2007 06:30 PM

RE: UK Outlander Elegance questions

1 Attachment(s)
Aqua Metalic/Glacier Silver with mesh grill

Attachment 11489

soundcolor 04-10-2007 06:36 PM

if you are going to play a ripped and burned, or copied DVD, you need to make sure it is not in ISO form, it will need to be in a VOB file format, which is what all DVDs that you can buy/rent are made in, and what 90 percent of the players on the market read from. They take the VOB file, and then down convert it to MPEG4... The type of DVD copy disk is irrelavant, so long as it is large enough to hold the entire movie, and its associated file structure system.
This file system is again in VOB format, and is only recognizable to dvd player in that format. If your movie is larger than 8.5 gigs, then you will not be able to play your movie on a standard 9gig DVD disk, as it takes a little over .5 gigs for the file structuring system.
You could however use one of the new dual layer disks, and the appropriate soft, and hardware to write your movie to that size disk.

I dont reccomend having the car set to unlock itself when you come into range. The reason is, because the door will already unlock itself when the drivers door, or front passenger handle are pulled twice in quick succession. Having the car unluck itself when you get close would leave you open to someone hopping in your car from the other side, or into the rear... as it will already be unlocked...
Me, I am fairly security minded, and dont like to do anything that would put me, or my family in danger, having the doors open, allows for possible un-authorized entry... Not that it cant happen anyway, but it does add a little bit of security to the mix.

antlip 04-10-2007 08:58 PM

I love the fast key feature. No more digging in my pocket for a key and no more keys to start it up. I doubt the risk of someone jumping in the back seat when you unlock the car and get in isnt there. If someone was going to steal your car they would just beat you down and hop in the driver side. If they were going to kill you I doubt they would get in the back seat and be that obvious. Just doenst seem reasonable to me. If you have the keyless entry then that is just the door lock and unlock pad not the fast key system. I have no idea how much work would be involved in putting fast key into the outlander or if its avaible in the UK. The mess grill isnt offered in the US, but I hope it is.

soundcolor 04-11-2007 10:23 AM

antlip, you are over looking the most obvious tho...
say you and your wonderfull, loving wife have had yet another fight, and you want to leave so that you can calm down... You walk out the door, head to the car, but she, being a woman, is having no part of you leaving, she is going to try and stop you... she hurries around the car, and since you had the doors set to unlock when you got in range... bam, now she is in the car with you, and what can you do...you tried to get away from her, but since you had to have the doors open like that, now she sitting a foot away from you, and still going on, and on... driving you crazy... Ya think if you have those doors unlock when you get in range, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter. The point is, how do you know the Guarantee Fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Build a model airplane" says the little fairy, but we're not buying it. Next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.

LOL... it aint for me... but go ahead, if you really wanna

antlip 04-11-2007 08:43 PM

You got the fast key all wrong. Your car will only unlock if you are within 16 inches of the door and you have to grab the handle. You can set all doors or just the driver door to unlock on the navigation head unit. I love it. I walk up to my outie and bam im inside and starting it without any trouble. I have it set to all doors being unlocked because if someone tries to hop in the back seat when im getting in, unless he shots me im going to grab my 18" steel lug nut breaker that is under the front seat (so if I get a flat tire I can change it with lighting speed) and beat him to death.

zeebob 04-12-2007 08:41 PM

ORIGINAL: antlip

im going to grab my 18" steel lug nut breaker that is under the front seat (so if I get a flat tire I can change it with lighting speed) and beat him to death.
Whaaat you're not gonna call mitsu roadside assistance ?!!

soundcolor 04-12-2007 08:49 PM

oh yeah... I thought he was saying that it would automatically unlockk when he got in range... That I wouldnt like.
I have the fast key, and I love being able to just walk up to the door, and grap the handle... Boom, Im in the car, and starting it, and never had to move my keys from my pocket.
I agree... Me, I am grabbing my kimbers, or my taurs... If things really get out of hand, I just walk around back, and grap the ol' standby... Remington 870 express mag... 12 gauge. LOL... that should stop any fights that get started.

antlip 04-12-2007 09:43 PM

Im going to call them to clean the dead guy out of the back seat.