Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

US market nav update

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 09:19 AM

In resolution to my posts yesterday, 7/28/09, I have contacted the BBB (Better Business Bureau) to complain about Mitsubishi and their $200 charge for the navigation upgrade (2007 data). I was told by the salesman when I purchased my 08 Outlander, upgrades were free as they became available. Obviously I'm finding out the hard way this was untrue. It's ridiculous I paid $1,800 for this outdated package and then to be charged for late-arriving upgrades. Like other members posted, I would have used my $150 TomTom with up-to-date maps/software and been happier. I will keep everyone informed of the results of my complaint to the BBB.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:03 PM

So if your maps are already outdated...what's another year gonna matter?

If I wouldn't have had to upgrade to have Alaska maps and have my clock on the correct time zone, I wouldn't have upgraded it and called it a day. It's not worth getting panties all twisted up about. The navigation units aren't all that wonderful anyway.

Man, if you guys get all spun up about a nav update, I'm gonna hate to see you all when you have to buy new tires...or hell, even do your 30K service.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:05 PM

I got mine for $150 from my Mitsu dealer, and I'm pretty sure Russell from www.mitsupartsman.com can hook you up as well.

Old 07-29-2009, 03:29 PM

I'm sure if a whole bunch of us got toguether and put collect money we could share it.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by boricua_aoc
I'm sure if a whole bunch of us got toguether and put collect money we could share it.
Good luck without the MMCS key.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by boricua_aoc
As was previously done with Euro maps, you don't need the key. All you will need is the DVD disc image, and you will have to take out and unlock your HDD and copy the files manually. All that is needed is the DVD image, if somebody is willing to donate it. So far I know of a couple of members who bought and did the upgrade but nobody has so far uploaded the image of the DVD.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by QwikEVO
So if your maps are already outdated...what's another year gonna matter?

If I wouldn't have had to upgrade to have Alaska maps and have my clock on the correct time zone, I wouldn't have upgraded it and called it a day. It's not worth getting panties all twisted up about. The navigation units aren't all that wonderful anyway.
I agree with your point completely QwikEVO. It only bothers me when I have 3 family members and 2 friends whose addresses can't be found b/c of the outdated maps. However, it's the principle I paid $1,800 for this (outdated) option and they want to charge me $200 for upgrading it. I would have not purchased the $1800 nav package and kept my TomTom had I known this. Being recently unemployed, I tend to watch every penny I spend more so than ever now.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by irishiz11
I agree with your point completely QwikEVO. It only bothers me when I have 3 family members and 2 friends whose addresses can't be found b/c of the outdated maps. However, it's the principle I paid $1,800 for this (outdated) option and they want to charge me $200 for upgrading it. I would have not purchased the $1800 nav package and kept my TomTom had I known this. Being recently unemployed, I tend to watch every penny I spend more so than ever now.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say if those addresses can't be found on your current navigation, updating it isn't going to help you at all.

If I can't find something on my navigation...then it's to my cell phone I go.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:20 AM

Irish, I am with you.

My Nav system does not have my house. You would think it would, being that it is a century home and 102 years old. My maps must REALLY be out of date.
It has most of the other houses on my street, so I just use a neighbors address.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:22 PM

You're probably right. But I still want the update at no charge for a loyal Mitsu buyer that paid $1,800 for an option that should be equivalent or better than today's portable units. Hopefully the BBB resolves this. If not, oh well I guess. Rip14, I'm sorry the unit doesn't even have your home address....crazy. I know what to add in the contract next time I buy a car with a nav unit.

Quick Reply: US market nav update