Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

USB iPod connection

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Default USB iPod connection

Hi,

I was at the dealership the other day looking at a canadian 2010 Outlander XLS and I was looking for the USB iPod attachment and couldn't find it. I asked the sales person and was told that the iPod was attached to the aux connection. When I was looking at pictures of the 2010 Outlander, I seem to remember seeing a USB connection next to the video connections in the center armrest. Is that only available on the US 2010 Outlander GT or am I confused?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:55 PM

my xls only has the rca type of plugs. Gotta say it is a huge disappointment in this day and age of factory controlled ipods. It is located in the centre cubby hole.
Mine is a canadian version thought. Hopefully that doesn't make any difference. The dealer quoted my 500+ for them to install a cable that would allow the deck to control my ipod.

No thanks.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by jasen1
my xls only has the rca type of plugs. Gotta say it is a huge disappointment in this day and age of factory controlled ipods. It is located in the centre cubby hole.
Mine is a canadian version thought. Hopefully that doesn't make any difference. The dealer quoted my 500+ for them to install a cable that would allow the deck to control my ipod.

No thanks.
Hi jasen1,

that's what I saw as well when I checked out the XLS at the dealership. For some reason, I have stuck in my mind this picture with a USB connector just next to the RCA plugs in the center armrest. Could that be on the US GT version?

Thanks.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:12 AM

Only the US version gets the FUSE system with USB input, bluetooth audio streaming, etc. I believe the US XLS and GT have it standard.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:18 AM

So does that mean that Canada model has the regular old MMCS? If so, it might be easier then we thought to get the FUSE system working on the older models.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:54 PM

Yes. The FUSE system, I believe, is sort of like the bluetooth module for the 2009 and earlier...but with more features. I haven't had time to call a dealer and ask if they have the parts/what they look like.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:28 PM

Thanks a lot everybody for the informed responses. It confirms what I thought: the Canadian XLS is the US GT minus the FUSE system, which gives us the USB iPod connection. In absence of that system, we are stuck with the RCA connection.

Cheers again.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:22 PM

I just got the new 2010 with the "sun and sound" system, which includes the USB connection...now if I can just get it to work with my ipod... (it's stuck saying "ipod load")...

Old 03-02-2010, 07:27 AM

MassMitsu, do you talk about a canadian model ?

where is the usb plug ?

maybe, you can put a usb key with mp3, and the system will play the file ???

Old 03-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Default Canadian models do not have USB

... or at least what my dealer and Mitsu Canada told me...

I also really wanted that feature, but when I testdrove the fully loaded model (Fossgate, rear DVD etc.) - there was only an RCA plug in it.

I wanted to use a USB flash drive for my music, as I have about 120 GB mp3, and that way it is easy to switch, but I cannot,as there is no USB.

Disappointing...

Quick Reply: USB iPod connection