Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

what do you hate?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 02:04 AM
Default RE: what do you hate?

If all of you guys hate th Outlander so much then why do you still have it? Of course theres going to be things wrong that you didn't expect. It just seems like there is more criticizing of the car than anything else....Is there anything that you like about the car?

Old 12-07-2007, 04:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Threepk2

If all of you guys hate th Outlander so much then why do you still have it? Of course theres going to be things wrong that you didn't expect. It just seems like there is more criticizing of the car than anything else....Is there anything that you like about the car?
Thats because the thread is called "What do you hate". I think it should've been called "What could be improved", because I certainly don't hate anything. But of course everyone is criticizing it, because thats what was asked.

For "Is there anything that you like about the car" - surely thats OT, and another thread, no?

Old 12-07-2007, 04:59 AM
hex

ORIGINAL: Threepk2

i think this is a good topic and thread. it is interesting to know what other drivers have noticed and what could be improved upon. why you interpret everyone on this thread as 'hating' the outlander is beyond me... the subject linecould be a clue.

when you pay a lot of money for an auto it would be nice if the engineers who designed the vehicle actually listened to the current owners and built it with the enduser in mind... not the mechanics, or service department, or the salesmen. IMO, when you rush a product to market, consumer satisfaction is the last to follow.

Old 12-07-2007, 04:00 PM

I'm fully satisfied with the car, I got everthing I expected from what that much money could buy. The only thing I hate is the lack of accessories here in NA. I'm specially in need of that pet barrier the Australians get specially designed for the outti. I have a German Shepheard, and I've tried those universal ones that use pressure points and he just knoks them right over, and if I adjust them a bit tighter I'm afraid to punture a hole through the roof...lol.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:32 PM

Yeah I agree. I don't think people actually HATE these things about the Outtie. Hate is a strong word. I thought of another thing though that I do HATE. There aren't a lot of aftermarket parts.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:27 AM

I want to apologize for my last post it was a little harsh...I saw the heading of the thread and read the posts, and I thought that it was bashing the Outtie. I love the look and style of the Outlander. I don't have one, but I think that the title of the thread should be "Improvements for the Outlander." That would make it sound better. I think it just sounds bad when the word "hate" is used.

Old 12-08-2007, 01:04 PM

while I can find twice as more things I that I am not so thrilled about, this is a fine car, and you have to understand that there isn't a perfect car out there, even 100k Mercedes...

Old 12-08-2007, 02:01 PM

My Biggest complaint would not being able to add a second set of sensors for the tire pressure system. Switching tires and using stock rims, reprogramming fees for differnt rims and tires... it all adds up price-wise and irritiating-wise.
This could all be solved by allowing for multiple sets of sensors.

We like the Outlander a lot but some improvements could be;
--as above..... radio display washes out.
--You can see the edge of the spare from behind. Another inch of 2 of plastic would have hidden it completly.
--The key fob is bulky and unwieldy.
--I really wish they offered more options in North America. Europe has some nice accessories not available from local dealers and Japan has a lot of items I would like. e.g rear camera, reverse sensor collision indicator, cool box in the glove compartment (like in the Calibur?)
I guess I am just jealous

Old 12-08-2007, 10:22 PM

I hate that there is no update to the NAV yet...our maps are almost 3 years old now.

Old 12-09-2007, 12:11 AM

hate the gray door handles with my blue outie.planning to spray it blue. i also don't like the design of the steering wheel. Compared to that of hi-tech toyotas. planning also to remove the roof rails, don't need it. another thing is the useless hard drive, can't transfer mp3's toit. resolution also of the touch screen ispoor. compared to navi screens of toyotas.everything else is awesome.

JC Dac

Quick Reply: what do you hate?