Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

What does the FAST Key Slot do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 03:33 PM
Default What does the FAST Key Slot do?

Hi! I recently purchased a 2014 Outlander GT, and so far I'm really liking most things about it. I'm unclear about the purpose of the FAST key slot at the bottom of the dash. Why do I ever need to take the key out of my pocket and put it there? As far as I can tell, the FAST key batteries are not rechargables, so what is the purpose of the key slot?

Thanks!!

Old 02-06-2015, 11:02 PM

what does your owners manual say ????

Old 02-07-2015, 03:59 PM

Not much that I can find. It talks about what to do if the key isn't operating properly, or how to change the operating mode. I can't quite find what "Changing the operating mode" even refers to. What operating mode? I'm enjoying the car, so far...but have found the manuals (Vehicle and MMCS) to be pretty deficient when it comes to the electronics of the vehicle.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:16 AM

I pic of that mysterious slot would be nice.

Old 02-12-2015, 04:28 AM

When car's are in transport mode (new cars shipped to dealers) they won't start unless you put remote into the slot.

Old 02-12-2015, 04:37 PM

So when the dealer I bought it form told me I should put the key in there whenever I get in the car, but had no idea why I should do that....it's because there actually is no reason, and I don't need to do that? Thanks! That clears things up. Loving the Outlander, so far, but it turns out the dealer didn't know much about this car.

Old 02-22-2015, 01:49 AM

I think it also allows you to start the car if your fob battery dies. I believe it will also 'reset' it once you change batteries. At least that's what my dealer told me. I haven't had to use it yet.

Old 02-23-2015, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Travel_RN14
I think it also allows you to start the car if your fob battery dies. I believe it will also 'reset' it once you change batteries. At least that's what my dealer told me. I haven't had to use it yet.
+1, agree

Old 07-05-2017, 10:24 PM
Default Can't remove key from slot

Having same problem here

Old 09-14-2022, 12:06 AM
Default FAST KEY Slot

I reminds me of the slot at the bottom of the arm rest in the new Ford Bronco. It is used for when the batteries die in your fob. Im not sure if that is the same purpose for the one in the Outlander. Does the 2022 have one anywhere? I have an outlander sport and I don't see It in there. So its definitely model specific it seems like.

Quick Reply: What does the FAST Key Slot do?