Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

What's the "Periodic Inspection" thing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Default What's the "Periodic Inspection" thing?

I just noticed that a "Periodic Inspection" message is showing up on the trip computer display every time I starts the engine.
The message just started to show up yesterday. I checked the maintainnence screen on the MMCS and found no any specific maintainnence item is due at all.

The recorded oil change and otherswere made on 07/22/2007. And the milage now is 2250 miles only.So I did not really expect anyinspection ormaintainnence yet.
I also checked the maintainnence manual but did not find anything about "Periodic Inspection".

Anybody has a clue?

Old 10-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Default RE: What's the "Periodic Inspection" thing?

That's the oil change reminder.

Sounds like they didn't reset it during the last change

Old 10-15-2007, 04:53 PM

the maintenence reminder light defaults from the factory to 7500 mile oil change intervals. They SHOULD have set it to the correct 3750 at the dealership when new.

and the data on the MMCS? its not monitored by the car unless YOU enter the maintenence schedual into it. it is not automatic.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:59 PM

Still confused by this.
Sorry. I forgot to mention one important thing here. I first received a Low Tire Pressure, then the Periodic Inspectionmessage followed on the trip computer.It becomes persistent for a few seconds when the engine starts everytime.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:35 PM

It could be the warning for an oil change or fitler for mileage reasons or time. If you already did an oil change and just put it on the navigation screen and didnt reset it on the dash by the speedometer then you will still get the warning saying you need to change your oil. If your still getting the low tire pressure message, I would check all the tires.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:46 PM

thanks everbody. I did add air to the tires rigth after I saw the low tire pressure warning.
How can I get rid of this warning?

Old 10-15-2007, 10:57 PM

Give this a try it works for the oil change warning.

https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_133285/tm.htm

Old 10-16-2007, 05:40 PM

It seems the oil change reminder also remembers time, which makes it somewhat less useful if you don't follow the time schedule exactly as set (i.e if you go early). It also has some odd interval advancements which don't seem to be consistent in the km's it advances each time regardless of what you program it for.

I've now just turned mine off after trying and failing to reprogram/clear the time markers.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:04 AM

ORIGINAL: chowc

I've now just turned mine off after trying and failing to reprogram/clear the time markers.
My service interval is 12 months or 12000 miles which occurs first. When looking to see if I could change the computer option it came up with GCI EU10 EU20 and EU30 anybody know what these mean?

At the momment I have turned it off

Puddy

Old 10-17-2007, 09:15 AM
tcp

I recently changed my reminder to "OFF". When I reset thereminder after I changed the oil, the schedule reset to 12000kms, Xmonths. I then went to change back to 6months, XXX kms and the thing lost it's mind. At first it showed next service due in 1900kms, then started showing "periodic inspection" immediately on starting. Now it's dead, finished, complete, off, done....

One interesting thing I noticed is that when you scroll through the choices of interval, all intervals are available to you. I can choose from North American settings, EU settings, JAP settings....the world is your oyster on intervals regardless where you live.

ORIGINAL: puddy

ORIGINAL: chowc

My service interval is 12 months or 12000 miles which occurs first. When looking to see if I could change the computer option it came up with GCI EU10 EU20 and EU30 anybody know what these mean?

At the momment I have turned it off

Puddy

Quick Reply: What's the "Periodic Inspection" thing?