Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

wheel alignment problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 05:45 AM
Default wheel alignment problem

my car was wearing its tires on the outsite. so i took it for a wheel alignment and tire rotation. after i got the car i noticed that the car was pulling left. so i took it back after a couple of weeks to redo the alignment.
what seams to be the rpomlem is that the car had big positive camper thus the wearing on the outsite. when they tried to fix it the first time couldnt fix the camper on the one site thus the the pull on one stie.
they try to fix it the second time but the car still puls left.
I have checked the service manual for the camper and it says
¨Standard value: 0°20’ ± 0°30’ (left/right difference 30’max)¨
¨The camber and the caster are pre-adjusted at factory and not adjustable.¨
if this is not adjastable what are the values for.
any one with the same problem what did you do?

Old 10-23-2009, 08:22 AM

when they aligned it for you, did you get a report of how it is aligned? I just did the Firestone lifetime alignment deal and was given how far from perfect each tire was with relation to toe in/out, camber and caster.

My guess would be that they provide the numbers so that when the camber is measured, you can see if it is within specs.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:29 PM

if the alignment is out of spec, something is bent. there is little to adjust on it.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Manybrews
if the alignment is out of spec, something is bent. there is little to adjust on it.
there is nothing bent. the car did not had a crash or even an in impact on a pothole. the car was wearing its frond tires from the show room.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by ccernst
when they aligned it for you, did you get a report of how it is aligned? I just did the Firestone lifetime alignment deal and was given how far from perfect each tire was with relation to toe in/out, camber and caster.

My guess would be that they provide the numbers so that when the camber is measured, you can see if it is within specs.
no they did not gave me a report but i remember that the camper on the left frond wheel which seams to have the problem was +43´ which is just within the specs

Old 10-26-2009, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Tasman
there is nothing bent. the car did not had a crash or even an in impact on a pothole. the car was wearing its frond tires from the show room.
no they did not gave me a report but i remember that the camper on the left frond wheel which seams to have the problem was +43´ which is just within the specs
I think with that, I'd talk to a service center manager.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:27 AM
tcp
Default transport

Things can get misaligned during ship transport or by truck to the dealership. They mount tie-downs into holes in the frame and cinch them down. Sometimes the truckers overtighten and bend things.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:36 PM

I just went through a set of tires..wore on the outside. you can look at it and see all the camber in the front.

My Saturn VUE was the same way. I'm not sure why..only thing I can think of is to promote poor handling so you don't roll it over.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:31 PM

i went back to the wheel alignment guy and showed him again the aneven wear. he sujested to replace the 14mm bolts who connect the suspesion to the wheel with 12mm ones so that he can have some tolerance in the adjustment.
has anybody done this? is it safe? he told me that he did this to another outlander.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:07 AM

The dealership I bought mine at did the wheel alignment and my front tires wore unevenly on the outside. So much that I have to replace them after 25 000 miles.

They wont take responsibility for it and said I drove with under inflated tires. Funny that, maybe the TPMS doesn't work either.

Mitsu USA and the dealer did nothing to rectify this situation, so I am using a different dealer now.

Quick Reply: wheel alignment problem