Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Wich unit is best!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 05:18 PM
Default Wich unit is best!

Hey guys well as you know I'm frustrated with mmcs crap so I'm pulling it ALL out and replacing it with aftermarket!
Now I'm looking for a good replacement unit, preferably Pioneer but whatever helps fill my needs
GPS for New Zealand
Worldwide radio frequency
DVD
Touch screen
Double din
Bluetooth
Av out for RES unit and av in for reverse camera

Please help me

Old 08-24-2012, 06:01 PM

I'd probably go with Pioneer, you'll need a install kit to make it look factory.
Look at this guy's setup

2011 Outlander Installed with Katzkin Leather Interior, Pioneer AVIC Z14 & LED Lights - Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

I would go with the OEM reverse camera, probably regular RCA plug or splice it in for the OEM look.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:48 PM

Do you knw if I can use the 8400bh unit and somehow use my iPhone or gps on the HU?

Old 08-25-2012, 12:07 AM

For specs and sizing check out Crutchfield. Com

Old 08-25-2012, 02:57 AM

What about this?
In Dash Car Head Unit W/GPS Receiver MP3 CD DVD Ipod Android 2.3 WIFI 3G | eBay

I don't wana buy crap but also don't wana spend hundreds lol

Old 08-27-2012, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Gen-8
What about this?
In Dash Car Head Unit W/GPS Receiver MP3 CD DVD Ipod Android 2.3 WIFI 3G | eBay

I don't wana buy crap but also don't wana spend hundreds lol
Dont do it..

Go with brand name. Pioneer, Sony, Jensen etc. I have one of these "Fantastic" oem looking chinese know offs in my mazda cx7.

Notrhing but problems, and no support wahtsoever.

Spend the extra $$ and get a brand name.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:14 AM
tcp
Default brand name

The Chinese knockoffs will cause you nothing but trouble and you'll end up buying a proper unit within a year when some small part fails and causes the whole thing to be unusable. Ask me how I know.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:50 PM

Ok.. Information sunk in head, engage brain , buy brand name only... Ok my choices are Pioneer, within a reasonable budget wich models should I go for?
I'm lookin at the dehp-4400 and the avic z140 and z130bt and avic x 930bT and remember I'm on a budget lol.. Thanx

Old 08-29-2012, 12:09 PM

I have to say I have been using FlyAudio, Caska and now Roadrover machines in my Outie for more than 2 years. Have no problems at all....

You can get good quality made in China head units, only suggestion is do not go for the cheap ones, brands list above are all good.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by OutlanderGT
I'd probably go with Pioneer, you'll need a install kit to make it look factory.
Look at this guy's setup

2011 Outlander Installed with Katzkin Leather Interior, Pioneer AVIC Z14 & LED Lights - Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

I would go with the OEM reverse camera, probably regular RCA plug or splice it in for the OEM look.

Go with the Pioneer BH8400 if you want the "flashy style" interface. The Z140 is a more mature look. The BH8400 allows for an additional gps module to be added to it to provide the same maps that come integrated into the z140. Both units will allow for using your iphone and gps with the correct jailbreak hack. I use garmin on my unit quite often. Motion X is not bad either, but uses data on the fly unless you store maps offline.

Quick Reply: Wich unit is best!