Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Wierd Sound when i ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Default Wierd Sound when i ?

Hi have the Outie 08.
and i whant to know if people have same wierd sound *** me.
when i take my car in the morning, like its cold, i start my car, wait a bit make it heat a bit, put in 4lock because very icy and snow.
then i give some gaz, and for the first meter a big noise, hard to explain, at the begining i thought it was because my tire where stock in ice.
Sometime i have that sound to when i drive, when i giev some gaz to make like go spin in the snow.
i have that wierd sound.
and now this morning i dont know why, when i go more thatn 80 km/h all the Vehicule Shake a LOT.
lots of probleme with my outie 08
have any sugg ?

Old 01-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Default RE: Wierd Sound when i ?

Well, every time I start my 07 Outie, and it never make a noise, no noise like you said. Also, I have it always on 4WD Lock.

Maybe you can ask the dealer for advice, or one of the dealership techanicans. Ask them to test-drive it, and they might find the probelm too.

Old 01-01-2008, 01:28 PM

well is not when i start it, its when i go forward when my car is cold during the night.
sound like something is stock Frozze.
but sound realy not normal lol

Old 01-01-2008, 06:48 PM

May sound stupid, but could something (ie. rims, wheel, something under the hood) be frozen. And when you go forward, those parts moves, and break the ice? lol, sound weird...

Try calling the dealer, it also could be something under the hood that snaped or damage, and it needs to be fix asap.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:56 PM

actualy i think maybe the ASC do that.
i just try today on the snow, when ASC is on make like a funny sound.
it is just me ?

Old 01-01-2008, 06:59 PM

Well, I have a questionf or you real quick. ASC, how do you know if it is on or not?

Should it show a light on the dash saying if it is on or not??

For me, I see no light on the dash about ASC, so Im not sure it is on or not. For me, no sound AT ALL. Hope other outie owners reply about this post as well! =D

SC

Old 01-01-2008, 07:01 PM

You might check and make sure your wheel well or wheel isnt frozen when you start out. The dragging could make the car think the wheel is sliding and cause the ASC or ABS to activate.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:13 AM

Hi Shorty, Your ASC is always ON to turn it off hold in the ASC button till you see asc off on your digital display in the dashboard. it never says it is on just when it is off

Old 01-02-2008, 10:55 AM

GROUP 35 Service Brakes : ABS Pump Noise (Update): 2006-07 Eclipse, 2007 Eclipse Spyder and Outlander : ABS System Conducts a self-check to ensure it is functioning properly the first time the vehicle reaches approx 2.5 mph. During the self check, a "clunking" noise will be heard from the right front of the engine compartment. The noise only occurs the first time the vehicle is driven after the engine is started. It will not reoccur until the engine is restarted. This noise is a normal operation of the ABS System. Do not attempt to repair this condition.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:28 AM

I have the same sound on my Lancer 08 it only happens when I step on the breaks on my first drive in the morning then it goes away especially when it's very very cold.

it sounds like Clank then gone. My 1999 Mirage sounds like an airplane every morning it sounds good though not annoying just like taking off on an airplane when the pilot retracts the wheels of the plane.

Quick Reply: Wierd Sound when i ?