Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Will using Synthetic Oil Void your warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 06:50 AM
Arrow Will using Synthetic Oil Void your warranty?

Old 12-14-2010, 07:45 AM

No! But not following the change schedule will.

My dealer does it, the paperwork call it a Evo oil change as synthetic is mandatory in the Lancer Evo.

If you shun the dealer, just keep receipt showing Oil / filter purchase as weel as date & odometer reading.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by SERPENTOR
not at all. Synthetic will give you a longer oil change interval. If you do it yourself, grab the oils on special and keep the receipts. I'm already out of my warranty.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Claude_A
No! But not following the change schedule will.

My dealer does it, the paperwork call it a Evo oil change as synthetic is mandatory in the Lancer Evo.

If you shun the dealer, just keep receipt showing Oil / filter purchase as weel as date & odometer reading.
+1 same thing for me they call it Evo oil change and they use the pennzoil full synthetic oil.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:05 PM

when we first bought our outlander, dealership tried to sell us an oil change deal. I asked them what it was, they said they used Castrol conventional oil. Best to make sure of what you are getting.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:07 PM

+1 x 10 on following the schedule. Also, I always use Mobil 1 synthetic but pay for the 5K mile rated oil filter. Regular ones (like from walmart oil changes) are rated for 3K miles. Not sure about the Mitsu one because I do not use it.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:30 PM
Default Synthetic Oil...

I wanted to use synthetic oil...I asked the dealer if I should use it....they said yes but I still need to change it every 6000k...I was under the impressing it was going to last longer..I don't want to take my car there anymore...
anyone useing Amasoil...?

Old 12-15-2010, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by ftamiguel
I wanted to use synthetic oil...I asked the dealer if I should use it....they said yes but I still need to change it every 6000k...I was under the impressing it was going to last longer..I don't want to take my car there anymore...
anyone useing Amasoil...?
You can opt to go to "Normal" 12K schedule instead of "Severe" 6K...

Old 12-15-2010, 09:21 AM

I agree...go with a good quality Synthetic if you go 12k kilometers. I recently had a used oil analysis on a 5k mile run of Castrol Edge. The group I sent it to said that I had enough life left to go 7000 miles. I've got the reminder on 7500 miles (12000 kilometers) and will do another analysis to see how I'm wearing.

Amsoil will definitely take you up to 7.5k miles / 12k kilometers. That is a very good oil.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:36 PM

I just think the dealer is misleading alot of people ...Because I want to change the oil with them but they still want the 6000k for the synthetic oil....I'm done with them ...anyway ....thats the way I feel about it....why can't they just be honest about it.....I'm going to do the Walmart oil and see what happens,..

Quick Reply: Will using Synthetic Oil Void your warranty?